Repool makes it easy to launch and operate a hedge fund with our fund-in-a-box and standalone fund administration platform. We're modernizing the alternative assets infrastructure space, which has more than $10T in assets deployed growing to over $30T over the next 20 years. It's an incredible intersection of being intellectually interesting and challenging, filled with extremely sophisticated operators, and yet devoid of modern software.
Founded in 2021, Repool is a Y Combinator S21 alum with $3.7M seed round from firms like Canaan, Matrix, and Global Founders Capital, as well as angel investors including founders from unicorns like Brex, Jeeves, Mercury, Flexport, Outschool, Pilot, and Forge, and VPs from Goldman Sachs, Barclays, and Bank of America.
The team currently has 7 employees split primarily between NYC and SF.
We're hiring for a front-end, full-stack, or back-end engineer to join the team (currently 3 engineers).
You'll own large portions of product and help to build out a dream team of engineers and culture. Our ideal candidate is entrepreneurial and wants to ship a lot of features, gain exposure to many areas of the business, and meaningfully impact the direction of the product.
The role will be hybrid WFH/in-person. We believe that having an in-person presence in the early days is critical for team-building, morale, and culture.
WHAT YOU'LL DO HERE
- Help establish and influence engineering process, culture, systems, code base, and all things relating to engineering.
- Ship exceptional, thoughtful features and code!
- Help make strategic decisions about what to build, why, and when, as well as how to approach business challenges associated with early-stage startups
- Collaborate directly with the cofounders on what to build and how to build it, and really all things relating to the business
- Drive the engineering and product roadmaps based on customer feedback and thoughtful analysis
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
At least 3 years of full-time professional software engineering experience.
- Great communication and collaboration skills
- A desire to be a part of and help build out great culture as the team grows
- Experience with one or more common web application frameworks (Phoenix, Rails, Django, etc.)
- Experience with at least one relational database system
NICE TO HAVES:
- Passions outside of work!
- Experience with React, GraphQL, and Elixir/Phoenix
- Previous startup experience
- Previous finance experience
- A passion for investing, creator economies, and/or finance
Despite being a very early stage startup, you'll find that we provide benefits better than most companies our stage. We don't want joining early to mean critical concessions in security or your well being. Consequently, we're proud to offer:
- Highly competitive salary and a meaningful equity stake (1%+)
- 100% covered, top-of-the-line health insurance, dental, and vision
- 100% covered life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance.
- HSA and FSA company contributions
- Commuter benefits
- Optional critical illness, voluntary life insurance supplement, accident, and hospital insurance options
- Unlimited PTO
WHAT'S IMPORTANT TO US:
Culture. Between the two of us, we've been at companies with great culture, okay culture, and bad culture, and while there's no one way to have an amazing culture, there are many ways to have bad cultures. We want Repool to be a transformative, inspiring, and enjoyable place to work, and we're really interested in hiring for other people who feel similarly.
Reasonable expectations. We're early stage, and with that there come certain rote expectations here that go with that, but we also don't expect you to sell your soul to us. We will never call you family, and we will never ask anything of you that we would not have found reasonable ourselves when we were employees
Building great product and moving quickly. Our operating philosophy is to seek the truth, debate earnestly, and then - lastly, decide and go.
Becoming more formidable. Whether it's in 8 years or 2 years, we know it's unlikely that Repool is the last stop of your life and professional journey. We care deeply about supporting you in using Repool to get to whatever's next.