We’re pioneering open-source authorization solutions for scaling businesses tackling complex end-user permissions in zero-trust architectures. Our focus is on providing SpiceDB—the most mature open-source permissions database inspired by Google’s Zanzibar system—and building managed services that enable planet-scale production authorization services.
Our strategic approach to capital-raising has empowered us to efficiently utilize our $3.9M seed fund. We’ve developed SpiceDB, now the open source standard in authorization database technology, fortified our reputation as authorization experts, accelerated our open-source community growth, and are scaling revenue with robust enterprise products.
AuthZed is a fully remote company with employees across the US and Europe. We’re a hardworking group with a software-driven culture; even our sales team understands and loves our technology! We bring integrity to all our interactions, fostering confidence in decision making - trusting and respecting each voice on our team, every day.
- Everyone should have the capability, freedom, and confidence to bring about changes to our business and product. Organizational processes exist to clearly define our goals, but not restrict how progress is made.
- Success is defined in various dimensions and no single person can be an expert in all of them. Without valuing the opinions of others, finding compromises, and sharing mutual trust and respect, you cannot arrive at the best possible solution.
- Without asking questions, testing assumptions, and questioning our pre-existing biases we risk operating within an echo-chamber. We celebrate the representation of diverse perspectives and backgrounds as a catalyst for creating an inclusive work environment that everyone can appreciate.
As an Enterprise Account Executive, you will be responsible for selling the technical vision of AuthZed to larger accounts with complex use-cases that require a sales-led “high-touch” experience.
You would work alongside a Solutions Engineer, but are expected to bring a high level of technical acumen to your conversations and develop a reputation as a trusted advisor to your accounts. You’ll own the entire customer lifecycle; from pre-sale MQL to expanding customer advocate and are responsible for the success of each account you close.
The role is critical in helping us understand how our marketing and products align with our target market. You will work closely with our marketing, product, and engineering teams to document your learnings and make sure we’re aligned behind what our customer’s need to succeed.
- Achieve and exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual sales targets
- Develop a deep understanding of the company's open-source and commercial software solutions
- Develop a deep understanding of the authorization market and AuthZed’s positioning in it
- Properly document and manage sales opportunities, accounts, contacts, etc in our CRM
- Manage and communicate your quarterly pipeline to leadership
- Qualify MQLs and work with marketing to optimize inbound lead quality
- Develop your own prospects and opportunities via outbound
- Monitor inbound product-led signups and activity for target accounts and opportunities for sales-led engagement
- Grow revenue for existing accounts
- Organize and coordinate recurring business reviews with your accounts
- Conduct in person and digital presentations on AuthZed and our products
- Collaborate with marketing, customer success, and product to ensure a seamless customer experience
- Continuously improve sales skills and knowledge through training, research, and feedback
- Experience managing long sales cycles with multiple stages, internal and external stakeholders and decision makers.
- 3 to 5 years experience selling complex software (databases preferred) to a highly technical audience (commercial open-source company experience preferred)
- Experience in commercial contract negotiations
- Experience running lighthouse accounts and design partners
- Experience creating and managing relationships across an account, engineering ICs & managers, product leaders, executives, and procurement.
- You’re a customer-centric and strategic thinker - you put a customer’s success above all else and prioritize long-term success instead of upfront bookings
- Familiar with product-led sales
- Familiar with how large organizations structure their engineering teams
- Project management experience preferred
- Genuine excitement to help your customers solve complicated technical problems
- Like and seek efficiency in your job
- Demonstrated ability to close deals and achieve sales targets
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to build rapport and establish trust with your colleagues
- Strong organizational and time-management skills, with the ability to manage a high volume of leads and opportunities.
- Salary based on experience with commission
- Stock options at an early-stage startup
- Benefits including healthcare (in the US) and other insurance
- Work environment with a remote-first culture