The Product team and why we’re hiring
Our Product team is evolving and growing to match our bold and ambitious next phase of Harvest. We’re looking for a Mobile Product Manager to expand our small team, help us meet the product challenges on our horizon, and help develop the product and our team processes to establish Harvest as the world’s most preferred platform for unlocking the potential of every team’s time.
The Product team currently consists of 5 Product Managers and 4 Product Designers. This team is a part of the Customer Experience department, which comprises Product, Services, and Data teams. The Product Manager reports directly to the Group PM.
We are hiring for 1 Product Manager who will be focused on the vision, strategy, and execution of projects for Harvest’s mobile apps, to best support our customers across a variety of services industries. We are transitioning to using React Native to support both our Android and iOS apps.
What you’ll do
You will have a broad latitude to do what it takes to make Harvest’s products valuable for our broad variety of customers, which includes the following responsibilities.
- In partnership with your manager, you’ll identify high-value opportunities that align with our product vision and OKRs.
- You’ll create and execute research plans to surface insights and gain understanding of problems and opportunities, either solo or in collaboration with others.
- You’ll collaborate to craft documents and presentations of clearly defined problems with well-considered solutions and hypothesized outcomes to help the team understand and get on board with your ideas.
- You’ll take ownership of these opportunities, and work across teams to carry them through completion, outcome, and iteration. You’ll keep your team aligned, encouraged, and motivated to create the best product for our customers.
- You'll assess key outcomes of your team's work, link projects back to measurable customer value (KRs and company goals), and make and defend decisions around iteration.
- You'll mentor teammates to help them do their best work.
Who you are
- Your work day has at least 4 hours overlap with Eastern Time Zone, 9am-6pm.
- You have at least 5 years of experience in the product management space. We understand that titles vary between companies. Your title will be commensurate with your experience.
- You’re a great communicator, excellent writer, and pride yourself in your ability to work across teams and areas of expertise to align people around your ideas.
- You’re collaborative, and know when and who to pull in to drive ideas forward successfully.
- You have a history of using data to inform product recommendations.
- You have enough technical knowledge to navigate functional requirements where appropriate.
- You’re a strong analytical and strategic thinker, and are able to use quantitative and qualitative data and research to inform decisions and inspire new avenues for exploration.
- You can communicate the value of your work clearly, succinctly, and in a timely manner, aka share the “why” across all constituents in the organization.
- You’re able to drive toward key results and navigate trade offs.
- You embrace a challenge, persist in the face of setbacks, understand give-take priorities, champion dialogs that encourage diverse perspectives, and are inspired by the success of others.
- You have a track record for solving problems with real business impact and have owned setting, building, and validating impact hypotheses. You are outcome focused.
- You are self-directed, curious, patient, love learning, and are not afraid to fail. You enjoy working independently without much supervision.
- You like small teams. You want to get to know people by name, and you’re not shy about starting something from scratch.
- You value a distributed and diverse work culture. Working side-by-side with co-workers from around the world is something you cherish.
- You value design and product excellence and craftsmanship over growth for growth's sake.
- You understand the importance of your role to influence, support, and motivate others.
- You have expertise in project management.
Please submit your resume and cover letter, including your answers to the following questions:
- You’re awesome and could work anywhere—why Harvest?
- What unique experience would you bring to this role?
- Why are you interested in a mobile-specific role?
- What, from what you know of us so far, is the biggest opportunity you see for Harvest as a product?
At Harvest, our compensation consists of three main components:
- A competitive base pay: Every Harvester with the same role expectations receives the same base pay. And we aim to pay at the top of the market (informed by third-party data) for all roles.
- Individual and company performance bonus plans: We believe in rewarding performance, so all Harvesters are eligible to receive an individual and company performance bonus after working with Harvest for a period of time.
- Competitive benefits*: We offer a number of benefits, including:
- 15 days of vacation in your first year, plus company holidays and a week off for winter break. And you’ll get an additional two days per year until you reach twenty days.
- 100% coverage of health insurance premiums across our medical, dental, and vision plan offerings for you, your spouse, and your dependents.
- A yearly budget for your professional learning and development goals.
- 401k plan with a 6% company match after three months with the company.
- 16 weeks of paid family leave to all new parents with the option to use it all at once or throughout the baby’s first year as well as a virtual platform providing support across fertility, pregnancy, adoption, and through your first year of parenting.
- A charitable giving matching program to support your contributions to your favorite charitable organizations.
- And much more…
*Some of the benefits described are only available to U.S.-based Harvesters. Benefits information for non-U.S.-based Harvesters will be provided to individuals who interview for those roles.