Who we are and what we do
Flagright helps businesses stop financial crime with an all-in-one platform for AML compliance & fraud use cases. Our developer-friendly API enables customers to set up their infrastructure in just 4 days. We are a Y Combinator company based in Berlin, Germany, serving customers from 6 continents.
Financial institutions face significant financial crime risks, including money laundering and fraud. These risks can not only result in financial losses and reputational damage for the businesses, but also harm consumers and society as a whole. Consumers may lose their savings if their accounts are used for money laundering purposes, and society may suffer from the negative impacts of terrorist financing and other illegal activities. We believe in enabling businesses with a fast, easy, and affordable security infrastructure.
About the position
As a Business Development Specialist at Flagright, you will take ownership of breaking into new accounts and fostering relationships with multiple contacts within our target customer segments. You will be responsible for conducting market research to identify new potential customers and leads, and qualifying these leads by learning about their approach to AML compliance & fraud.
This is a remote position, so you will need to be self-motivated and able to work independently. At Flagright, we offer exciting career growth opportunities for motivated individuals who are looking to take the next step in their careers. If you are highly driven, enthusiastic, and looking for an exciting opportunity to join an early-stage startup, we want to hear from you. Apply now and take the first step in your career at Flagright.
- Drive Flagright’s growth through inbound and outbound prospecting efforts and market research. Generate sales leads that will turn into opportunities and closed business.
- Build a pipeline of consistent and qualified leads in your assigned territory. Achieve monthly quotas of demos completed and fully qualified opportunities.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of customer problems in qualification calls and act as their champion to map problems to solutions throughout the sales lifecycle.
- Help improve prospecting, sales, onboarding processes end to end. Be a key contributor in a very small sales department; opportunity to take a lot of ownership and deliver huge impact.
- Build trust and a strong relationships with each your qualified leads.
- Generate emails sequences, make cold-calls to map and engage with accounts.
- Conduct follow-up calls and emails until meetings are set. Manage and track opportunities and activities through Hubspot.
- At least 1 year of full-time experience in a sales or business development role. Track record of strong performance in your past role(s).
- Excellent written communication skills, experience in writing effective cold-outreach emails & messages.
- Strong verbal communication and interpersonal abilities. You are persuasive, charismatic, and creative. You are comfortable initiating conversations with people you don’t know who are executives at financial institutions.
- Creativity and commercial awareness. A team player with a customer-focused approach.
- Proven critical thinking and problem-solving abilities. Detail-oriented and familiar with a sales process.
- Relentless learner of new tooling, ability to become an expert in a new domain quickly.
- Familiarity with SaaS company operations and fast-growing startups is a strong plus.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from a tier 1 university.
- Past experience in financial sector, understanding of financial crime & financial crime terminology.
- An expert at prospecting and can expert the tools needed to be successful such as Hubspot, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, reply.io.
- Do something meaningful; help stop human trafficking, money laundering, child labor; Be a part of enabling the future of how money moves.
- Work alongside a highly competent, top-tier team (Y Combinator, ex AWS, Zalando, Palantir).
- Great career development opportunities in a fast-growing early stage startup.
- Low-bureaucracy, minimal meetings, async communications culture, international culture, flat organization.
- Above-average compensation on closed deals. Compensation will be 50% base and 50% variable. We do not recommend you to apply if you aren't confident in meeting your quotas.