Who We Are:
Paragon One is helping corporations become the classrooms of the future for real work. We're a team out of MIT and YCombinator building scalable remote extern programs to upskill thousands of underrepresented students per year on behalf of corporates like Home Depot, Meta, PwC, HSBC, HP, and National Geographic. After a 6-8 week cohort-based extern program, students earn a certificate from the company and get to put the externship under professional experience on their resume. Nearly 80% of students are from underrepresented (black, hispanic, latinX) backgrounds, and we see 1 in 2 students land Fortune 1000 jobs within 6 months of completing an externship. Our platform and process handles recruiting, training, collaboration, workflow management, and assessment.
Here’s who we’re looking for:
Paragon One is searching for our Head of Engineering. In this role, you will bring your strong passion for building and scaling technology teams to a fast-growing edtech company focused on the Fortune 1000 enterprise market. You’ll work closely with our CEO, as well as bring strategic communication and alignment across the technical teams.
You will play a key role in Paragon One’s overall scaling and growth through facilitating process, scaling and optimizing our team.
If you were part of our team, here are some things you would have done last week:
- Modeled our SCOOT values of Sincerity, Collaboration, Ownership, Optimism, and Tenacity
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Used a coaching-mindset to build and develop talent
- Shown a strong enthusiasm for our mission and passion for the product
- Cross-collaborated with leadership and Product to align on business priorities, needs, and trajectory
- Created and oversaw high-level KPIs for development teams
- Evaluated business and technology opportunities, identified best practices, and implemented as appropriate to drive continuous improvement
- Continue to scale and retain talent
- Conveyed a strong ability as a player/coach who can jump into the code while also maintaining a high level view and understanding
Skills and experience our team needs:
- 4+ years of experience leading development teams of 5-20 individuals
- 7+ years of experience in Software Development
- BS/MS in computer science or related field
- Strong full spectrum leadership skills
- Experience in scaling a team of developers
- Detailed knowledge of the software development life cycle
- Experience working in agile/scrum development processes and lean methodology
- Experience building and managing enterprise software with solid foundations in designing software architecture and infrastructure
- Care about designing highly functional systems with an emphasis on top notch UI/UX
Bonus points if you have...
Knowledge or experience within the edtech space
- Yahoo! Finance TV interview: https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6797983228197257216/
- Human Capital Innovations podcast: https://www.innovativehumancapital.com/podcast/episode/2c57482f/s38e23-the-benefits-of-externship-programs-for-the-student-and-for-organizations-with-matt-wilkerson
- Recruiting Daily Article: https://recruitingdaily.com/remote-externships-the-future-of-student-recruitment/
- PwC extern highlight video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UtPw6Kud80
- HP extern highlight video: https://www.linkedin.com/posts/paragon-one_hp-hptechventures-work-activity-6856711255571390464-NV75/