As a member of the ShipBob Team, you will benefit from an environment where everything is achievable. We aim to be a place where you can:
Write Your Career Story. Because we are solving some of the most difficult problems in global commerce, you have the opportunity to write the story that will make your career.
Experience Global Impact and Global Connection. At ShipBob we benefit from diverse cultures and perspectives in service of the global community.
Grow With An Ownership Mindset. We believe that great innovation comes from great transparency. We are more resilient and more creative when we have an inclusive and transparent culture where everyone knows our strengths and opportunities.
Title: Carrier Analyst
Shift: CST Hours (US Shift)
We are looking for an energetic analyst to help us streamline all carrier operations for our fulfillment centers and merchant plus locations. Our fulfillment centers process thousands of orders a day for thousands of small to medium sized ecommerce merchants. Our merchant plus sites allow larger merchants to use our software and carrier relationships to process their own orders while relying on other ShipBob locations to process additional volume. You will be the owner and point person for all daily carrier operations, ensuring every site is getting timely pickups with sufficient capacity for all packages each day. You will also help us expand to new sites and work with carriers to proactively communicate our needs and ensure our new sites have a clear expectation of which carriers will be picking up packages and when each carrier will show up. You will have the opportunity to grow.
What you’ll do:
- Own carrier relationships with our growing network of merchant plus locations, working on setup, resolving pickup challenges, and helping with parcel consolidation.
- Manage day-to-day operations and relations to ensure carrier partners are picking up at their daily scheduled time, with proper capacity.
- Work to detail operating schedules of ShipBob fulfillment centers and merchant plus locations so carriers do not show up to a closed facility.
- Communicate regularly with merchant plus locations to understand any unmet needs or challenges sites have related to transportation, and work with carrier partners to resolve these challenges.
- Assist with the onboarding and implementation of new carriers, new ShipBob locations, and new merchant plus locations.
- Support the day to day troubleshooting and resolution to integrate new carriers.
- Work independently to identify carrier issues from missed pick ups, delayed transit times, and missing packages.
- Provide regular updates to all of our merchants regarding network congestion for different transportation partners.
- Source new first mile providers based on various equipment types.
- Update system with new carriers and adjust ship option routing guide as needed.
- Other duties/responsibilities as necessary.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- 2-3 years’ experience working in parcel transportation, knowledge of US parcel networks preferred.
- Knowledge of DDU and DDP is a plus.
- Flexible hours, with an ideal shift from 12-9 PM CST.
- Extroverted with a solid ability to work with different stakeholders to move projects forward.
- Must be tech savvy and experienced troubleshooting integrations.
- Excellent attention to detail and communication skills.
- A hands-on, creative problem solver who is willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done and focus on results.
- Fun to work with. Share your personal interests with the rest of the team.
- Hard working with a focus on learning, detail oriented, and passionate about helping small businesses compete online.
- Ability to handle pressure and display initiative when an issue arises.
- Willingness to learn something new everyday.
Reports to: Carrier Manager
Perks & Benefits:
- Medical & Accidental Insurance
- All Purpose Leave (casual & sick time): 12 days
- Earned Leave: 15 days
- Public Holiday: 12 days
- Generous Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Quarterly Wellness Day
- Employee Assistance Program
- Work From Home Allowance
- Referral Bonus Program
- Fun Culture >>>Check us out on Instagram (@lifeatshipbob)
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence; therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions.
At ShipBob, we’re looking to bring on board people who embody our core values:
- Be Mission-Driven. We want team members that are passionate about helping entrepreneurs improve their business, and bring that passion every day.
- Be Humble. We have ambitious goals, and our team members understand that success or failure depends on us working together and leaving egos at the door.
- Be Resilient. Logistics is a complicated business. So is software. We value team members that never give up and keep iterating until a problem is solved.
- Be a Creative Problem Solver. As a startup, we value smart, innovative solutions to complex problems. We fall in love with the problem, not our “favorite” solution.
Be Safety Minded. It’s not just talk; it’s the way you work.
ShipBob is a cloud-based logistics platform that partners with over 7,000+ e-commerce businesses to help make their entrepreneurial dreams a reality. We offer a full suite of fulfillment solutions for our merchants, including the ability to improve their transit times, shipping costs and deliver best in class experience to their customers. With an almost 100% accuracy rate in fulfilling orders and orders shipped on time, our merchants can count on us to deliver excellent service.
As one of the fastest growing tech companies in Chicago with over $330M+ raised from blue-chip investors like Menlo Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, Hyde Park Venture Partners and SoftBank Vision Fund 2, our goal is to continue to be the #1 best fulfillment technology in the industry.
ShipBob provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.