$90k – $150k • 0.15% – 1.10%
- The first high-frequency, commission-free sports betting exchange, recently closed a $6m seed round from YC, Lux, Soma, Paul Graham, Joe Montana, Innospark, the founders of Instacart and Dropbox, and many other top angels and funds
- Looking for quant traders and researchers, designers, SWEs, marketing, BD, operations, and product roles to work out of our NY office
- Salaries at the top of benchmarks, with significant equity ownership and generous benefits
- Founders are recent Harvard grads with quant experience at Jane Street and BoA and years of experience as sharp sports bettors
- $300B annually bet on sports in the US and the size of the market is rapidly growing given the number of states legalizing sports betting
- Currently the only way to bet is with retail sportsbooks which have egregious margins, discriminatory and inefficient practices, and a stale betting experience
- Novig is a sports betting exchange that guarantees users the best lines by allowing them to bet directly against friends or the market, rather than against the house, making the betting experience more efficient , fair , and, most importantly, profitable
What will you do?
With our focus on research and technology, you will be working on optimizing our low-latency systems that will support the transformation of sports betting. You will apply state-of-the-art technologies used in modern securities exchanges to enforce transparent and efficient market practices in the future of sports betting. Depending on your familiarity with different levels of our tech stack, you may work on optimizations within our hardware, data layer, networking, or application logic.
What are we looking for?
We value candidates with expressed interest in sports, markets, and computer architecture. We work on problems across the stack, from low-level hardware optimizations to high-level design of concurrent algorithms. You are someone who is passionate about the complexities of computer science who can contribute toward helping us build a robust, scalable sports trading marketplace.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 5+ years of experience developing distributed systems with cloud-based architecture
- Expertise in networks and data engineering is preferred
- Strong leadership, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Comfortable working independently and with small teams covering large surface area
Who is Novig?
At Novig, we are building the first high-frequency, commission-free sports trading platform in the US — essentially the NASDAQ of betting.
We guarantee bettors the best odds and eliminates the need for traditional sportsbooks. We do this by enabling users to bet directly against friends or the market, rather than against the house, making the betting experience more efficient, fair, and, most importantly, profitable.
Novig’s founders, Jacob and Kelechi, are recent Harvard grads with experience at Jane St & BoA who started Novig with the believe that a commission-free P2P exchange model will replace the exploitative and unprofitable betting model of traditional sportsbooks. They themselves were sophisticated sports bettors who grew increasingly frustrated by the latency, discriminatory practices, monotony, and non-profitability of the retail sportsbook betting experience.
As the regulatory landscape evolves in the United States, Novig is positioned to become a leading innovator in sports betting with our unique focus on research and technology.
How does Novig approach compensation?
We are big believers in providing excellent compensation to everyone on the team as we build the future of sports betting.
- We offer salaries at the top of the benchmarks you’d find for senior roles at big name companies
- We provide equity to all employees regardless of role. We are looking for people who can grow with us as we scale our team and product, and we think it’s important for all employees, especially our first few teammates, to have significant equity in the company so you have skin in the game and our incentives are aligned.
What benefits does Novig offer?
We are embarking on an ambitious journey and are committed to providing generous benefits, even at this early stage.
- Robust health, dental, and vision plans, covering 100% of health premiums and 90% of dental and vision premiums
- Generous 401(k) plan, matching up to 4% of base salary
- Health Savings Account (HSA) with $1,080 annual company contributions
- $40/day food or commuter stipend when working in our new SoHo office
How do I learn more?
Email us at jobs at novig.co