Middleware is a fast-growing and well-funded startup with a mission to help companies gain visibility and insight into their complex systems and applications. Our observability platform is designed to provide real-time monitoring and alerting capabilities alongside advanced analytics and reporting tools. We are passionate about delivering a world-class cost-effective product and providing exceptional customer service. We are looking for talented individuals who share our vision and values to join our team.
About the Role:
As a Technical Writer you will play a vital role in communicating complex technical concepts in an accessible and user-friendly manner. You will develop, update, and maintain our technical documentation ensuring prospects and customers have access to accurate and up-to-date technical information. You will collaborate closely with teams across the organization including software engineering, product, and customer success.
- Create clear, concise, and accurate technical documentation, including user guides, API documentation, developer guides, and release notes.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to gather information necessary for producing comprehensive documentation.
- Edit and update existing documentation to ensure accuracy, consistency, and adherence to Middleware’s style guide and industry best practices.
- Organize and maintain documentation repositories ensuring ease of access and efficient retrieval of information.
- Participate in product planning and development meetings to understand new features and functionalities and translate them into user-friendly content.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, new technologies, and product updates to ensure the accuracy and relevance of the documentation.
- 1-3 years of experience in technical writing, with a focus on Observability tools, cloud services, or SaaS applications.
- Bachelors or Associates degree in Technical Writing, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related program; and/or equivalent industry experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a proficiency in English grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- A keen eye for details and the ability to break down complex information into easy-to-understand pieces.
- Proficiency in documenting technical processes, workflows, and procedures for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong understanding of cloud computing concepts, SaaS applications, and APIs.
- Familiarity with Git and html based documentation tools
- Ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and work in an agile, fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks, manage time efficiently, and meet deadlines.
Few more facts:
- We're backed by some of the best investors in the world, like Y Combinator, 8VC, Fin Capital, Tokyo Black (looker founder fund), Guillermo Rauch (founder of Vercel) and many more.
- You will grow fast and work at scale - we collect and process millions of data (100 gigabytes of data daily) per day. So you will be working with a large dataset to process and store.
- You like being rewarded directly for your high output
- Founder and CEO Laduram built the company before, took to 200 people, and raised $57m in venture funding.
- We have PoC running with Akamai, Vercel, Tokyo Stock Exchange, and Cruise.