At Freethink Media, we believe the daily news should inspire people to build a better world. While most media is fueled by toxic politics and negativity, we focus on solutions: the smartest people, the biggest ideas, and the most ground breaking technology shaping our future.
Across our two flagship sites, Freethink
and Big Think
, we publish over 50 new articles and short documentaries every week to a community of more than 13 million followers and subscribers.
What You’ll Do
- Build rich, informative dashboards – Enable fast, robust decision making across the organization by surfacing the right insights to the right people.
- Perform analyses – Analyze datasets of varying sizes using statistical and AI techniques to derive insights. Build analytical tables to enable other teams to self-serve and perform more streamlined reporting and analytics.
- Work with teams from across the business – Work with users to understand data requirements, to define useful metrics, and to execute on data and analytics needs to help them better understand tactical and strategic opportunities.
- Publish data visualizations – Work with the editorial team to develop data visualizations to enhance various editorial products.
- Apply software engineering practices to BI code – Use version control, testing, and continuous integration as part of a SDLC for BI code.
What You’ll Need
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Excellent communication, problem-solving, organizational, and time management skills
- 2-4 years proven experience as a data analyst, data engineer, or BI engineer
- Experience modeling data to drive analytics
- Strong data processing skills, especially using SQL and dbt
- Experience and/or skill in data visualization, especially using modern, web-based tools like Mode, Metabase, and Superset
What You’ll Get Out Of this Opportunity
- Work from home – we’ve been remote-first from inception
- Collaborative culture in a startup environment
- Growth opportunities within a fast-growing company
- Opportunity to interact with stakeholders across the organization to help them gain insight and tell stories with data
- Competitive salary and benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability Insurance, 401(k), Commuter Benefits, Mobile Phone Stipend, and more!
Do you meet most, but not all of the qualifications for this role? No worries - we invite you to apply if you think you'd be a great match!