GameDuell is one of the leading casual gaming companies in Germany, based in the heart of Berlin. With over 130 million registered players worldwide and a broad portfolio of over 40 casual online skill games, we are constantly looking for ways to improve our product.
To fulfill our mission of bringing people together to have fun with games, we are looking for a Data Scientist to further develop our data platform, which serves as the foundation for analytics, to drive decision-making across the business.
The position is equally suitable for both part-time (30 hrs./week or more) or full-time (40 hrs./week) work.
What we expect
- Analysis of user behavior based on tracking data incl. data cleaning, data analytics, data clustering, churn analysis, and data visualization
- Develop tools for user experience customization providing certain user segments, forecasts, etc.
- Build and maintain data pipelines and support model life cycle together with Data Engineers by using Cloud technologies (GCP)
- Build simulations and support algorithm and mathematical model development as well as machine learning
- Work closely together with an interdisciplinary team of experts in Big Data Engineering, Product Analytics, User Experience Research, Customer Relationship Management, Marketing, and Game Design
Ideally, you also bring
- Degree in mathematics, computer science, or comparable (ideally with a focus on data science)
- At least two years professional work experience as Data Scientist* in a similar environment
- Sound knowledge of statistics (e.g., A/B testing), stochastics (e.g., Monte Carlo simulation) and linear algebra
- Solid experience with behavioral analytics (e.g., conversion analyses)
- Very good knowledge about Python, Pandas, and Numpy
- Mastering of data queries using BigQuery / SQL
- Fluent English is mandatory, knowledge of German very welcome
What we offer
- Interest in machine learning
- Knowledge in data wrangling and visualization
- Interest in underlying psychological processes related to user behavior
- Look forward to one of the best working environments in Berlin: our well-situated office in Mitte!
- Challenging tasks and interesting opportunities for your professional as well as personal development
- Meet-ups, tech talks, networking events, BBQs on our roof-top terrace, newbie dinner, summer party, Halloween party, family-and-friends party, gaming sessions, sports activities, etc. just to name a few – we are hosting all of them with our own event team
- Our teachers offer both German and English classes for various levels as well as Yoga classes
- Developing the best products and inspiring our customers by providing an extraordinary game experience
- A great, friendly, and international team is looking forward to meeting you
- We cover all kinds of drinks, breakfast, fruits and much more (lots of organic, fair trade, and vegan options)
- Flexible working hours; hybrid work model possible
- Our visa&relocation team will support you in relocating from abroad if needed
- Starting immediately, or within the next three months, fulltime (or part-time with min. 30 hrs./week)
We are an ecological and socially sustainable company and have our very own “Green Team” where you can make an impact and actively implement
ideas and initiatives to help protect our environment and for charity. As a games community, we take our social responsibility seriously. We are co-founders of the “Leaders for Climate Action” and have committed ourselves to becoming carbon neutral.
- We pay attention to environmental friendly and resource-efficient standards when purchasing our office and food supplies
- We match your charity donations
- Social responsibility begins with each of us. Our corporate culture is characterized by mutual trust and respect. Our open and international team welcomes and respects diversity
If you are up for the challenge, then say "hello" to our recruiter Stefan!
( jobs-bsu[at]gameduell.de )
We look forward to receiving your application. Please send your complete and detailed application including salary expectations and earliest possible start date as PDF with the subject ‘Data Scientist *’.
(*)GameDuell is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its hiring practices. Any terms referring to people are valid for all genders whether male, female, or diverse.