**SHORT AND SWEET**
We’re looking for
- Front-end support for users of the open source React Flow library
- Improve docs, fix bugs, and suggest (and build) features based on user feedback
What we can offer
- Freelance or permanent position, full-time or part-time (2-5 days per week)
- Berlin or Remote (available during some of CET workday)
- € 40-80k (full-time employed salary, based on soft/hard skills and responsibilities)
- Join our team of three :)
Hey! We’re Christopher, Moritz, and John, and we are the core team of React Flow, an open source library for building node-based UIs. We spend a lot of our time and energy answering questions about the library from users, and we want to get some help with that. We like the folks who use React Flow, and it’s a priority for us to enable them to easily use our library.
Questions we get about the library can look like:
- “What library should I use for layouting with React Flow?”
- “How do I implement an edge that connects a node with itself?”
- “I work for a corporation and we already have 1 Pro subscription, do we need to buy another one?”
Some things you might do during a week, depending on your skills and interests:
- Answer user questions on Discord and Github
- Have a call with a React Flow Pro subscriber to help them troubleshoot an issue
- Fix a bug in the library
- Update some API docs to make it more understandable
- Code a new example that highlights a newly released feature
- Talk to the team about a potential feature idea based on user feedback
We’re also happy to offer time and space for learning and growing in the direction you’re interested in - let’s talk about it!
As a small team, we are flexible in our direction and like to prototype things when we have an idea. We are against “hustle culture,” and prioritize conversations and listening to each other above coming to quick decisions. We’re fans of the open source community and keep it at the core of what we do with React Flow. We work out of a small office in Kreuzberg, Berlin.
Christopher (he/him) and Moritz (he/him) are the core maintainers of React Flow, and can help with any needs around development. John (he/him) does communication and community management, and can help with any writing work. You can read a little more about us here.
**HOW TO APPLY**
"Should I apply?" If you don’t fit everything we wrote above or need some on-the-job skill-building, but you feel excited about the position, we would love to hear from you! We prioritize your excitement and interests over things like hard coding skills. We also have a flexible schedule, which can work well with any responsibilities you may have during the week such as family or medical needs.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us. We are open to discussions about how to make React Flow a more inclusive space for you, and if we can make it easier/more accessible for you to apply for this position in any way, please reach out to us.
How to Apply
Send us the answer to these questions with a paragraph or two of text (no more than 300 words) or a video / loom / audio clip (no more than 2 minutes):
- What is most interesting to you about this job posting?
- What past experience do you have that is relevant to this position?
Send this along with your first name and preferred pronouns to info (at) reactflow.dev, and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can. Looking forward to hearing from you!