Nascent is a team of builders who back early-stage web3 founders creating products and primitives for an open financial world. Founded in 2020, we’ve invested in 50+ early-stage teams that we believe have the potential to create substantive change, expand boundaries and find new horizons. Building from a base of permanent capital, we also deploy a sizable liquid portfolio utilizing a range of strategies that ensure we are among the most active users of the open financial system we are helping to build. The fluid structure that enables our team to build, use, and invest in the future of crypto makes Nascent both an ideal early-stage partner and long-term ally.
We are seeking a motivated and technically proficient entry-level Software Developer to join our dynamic team. As a Software Developer in Data Acquisition, your mission will be to develop and maintain Nascent’s data acquisition infrastructure and tools. You will play a crucial role in designing, implementing, and maintaining high-performance systems for acquiring data from diverse sources. This role offers an exciting opportunity to work on cutting-edge technologies and contribute to the expansion of our data acquisition capabilities. This is an opportunity to have a direct impact on the bottom line of a fast-paced crypto-native team.
- Design, develop, and maintain low-latency and scalable systems for acquiring data from several sources while ensuring optimal performance and reliability.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand data acquisition requirements and translate them into technical solutions.
- Utilize your strong problem-solving skills to apply reverse-engineering techniques, extracting data from complex web applications efficiently and accurately.
- Stay up-to-date with emerging technologies and industry trends related to communication protocols, web standards, data acquisition methodologies, and best practices.
- Adapt quickly to evolving project requirements, while effectively prioritizing tasks to meet deadlines.
- You thrive in less structured environments and are at your best when driving and delivering results with the freedom to build and execute your own plan.
- You are as excited by starting a project as completing, maintaining and continually optimizing it.
- You find the plethora of opportunities to leverage data to drive value for the firm exciting versus overwhelming.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Excellent understanding of algorithms and data structures.
- Familiarity with web protocols such as HTTP and WebSockets.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to tackle complex technical challenges.
- Quick adaptability to changing project requirements and priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team-oriented environment.
- Solid communication skills, both written and verbal.
Nice to Have
- Prior experience with low-latency data acquisition systems.
- Familiarity with microservice architecture and message queuing technologies (e.g., Apache Kafka, RabbitMQ).
- Knowledge of unstructured data processing and full-text search techniques.
- Familiarity with cloud platforms, particularly AWS.
- Passion for staying current with the latest advancements in software development and data acquisition.
- Ability to adapt quickly to evolving requirements and prioritize tasks effectively.
Our Team & Culture
At Nascent, we are an interdisciplinary team of investors, builders & creators, capable of achieving more together than we can as individuals. We offer the opportunity to contribute to building the future global economic system with a world-class team and culture that pairs the freedom to explore, experiment & play with a competitive drive to win. We invest in our people by providing the autonomy to build, coupled with accountability & honest feedback to help learn, grow, perform & win. We’re a fully distributed team that understands the value of in-person time—we host two team retreats per year and encourage team members to come together for more frequent in-person work.
Principles that drive our team & work
- Build for the long term
- Align incentives
- Be nimble
- Compete to win
- Explore, experiment, play
- Always be building
- Give and embrace real feedback
What We Offer
At Nascent, we offer a competitive total compensation package heavily weighted toward bonus, ensuring that when we perform at our best and the firm wins we all win.
- The opportunity to learn, experiment and build in an entrepreneurial environment
- Remote and distributed working environment
- Comprehensive health benefits package including dental, vision, and life
- Generous paid parental leave & supported return to work
- Home Office, coworking space and wellness stipend
- Retirement plan matching contributions
- Open vacation policy as well as flexible work hours and location
- Access to our internal performance coaching, technical experts and support for continuing your skill development and growth
- Team activities and bi-annual in-person team retreats
We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diversity and differences of perspectives. We do not discriminate on the basis of any status, inclusive of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.