C4Media, Inc. (HQ Toronto, Canada. Private. Established in 2007), is seeking a full-time remote Operations Assistant (contractor) to join our fully-remote & always-remote global fun & friendly sales team. Reporting to the Advertising Operations Manager, the Operations Assistant will be responsible for the day-to-day support of all aspects of online advertising delivery and client support. This involves general assistance in setting up online advertising campaigns on InfoQ.com, including creating HTML copy, creating reports, tracking advertising performance data, getting on Zoom calls with the internal sales team and following up with advertisers via email when needed.
Why work for C4Media:
- Work from home - always: We are a remote-first and remote-always team who has been successfully operating on a work-from-home basis since 2007. And we have no intention of changing that.
- Travel the world: C4Media offers an opportunity to travel 1 - 3 times a year at our expense to NYC, SF, London, and other fun, global locations for conferences & team building. We also got you covered to add a sightseeing day to the end of the trip.
- Take care of each other: We look out for one another and prioritize respect, fairness, support, and well-being. Check out our core values on our careers page.
- Learn something new: C4Media’s culture is one of learning & mastering. Everyone has a training and education budget for professional growth every year and is encouraged to use it.
- Make friends across the world: Be a part of a leading, fast growing international company and build a network of international friends and colleagues for life.
- Support wellbeing: In an effort to make physical activity more readily accessible, we offer staff an annual subsidy towards fitness and wellness.
- Generous paid time off: In addition to 25 paid days off in the 1st year and 30 paid days off in every subsequent year, we provide 1 paid day off for birthdays (or a similar special day) and 2 paid days for continuing education.
About the role
As an Operations Assistant in our advertising department, you are a highly organized individual, who possesses exceptional attention to detail, is self-organized, self-motivated and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment, assembling reports, studying data and collaborating with international colleagues.
- Schedule/upload ads, contact customers to request ad creative, test all ads
- Assist in creating HTML copy for various email campaigns or reports
- Assist with campaign setup and execution via internal and 3rd party platforms
- Support campaign lead reports for clients from both internal and external sources
- Create proof of delivery documentation once a campaign goes live
- Support the use of required platforms and tools needed to optimize and report ad campaigns
- Create and manage KPIs, metrics and dashboards for tracking current and past campaigns
- Manage various email campaign lists
- Maintain a detailed, organized, accurate and shared Google Drive for Ad Operations
- Assist the Ad Ops Manager with logistical and other tasks as needed
Requirements of this role include:
Professional Experience, Skills & Education:
- Advanced experience with Google sheets
- 2 years of previous administrative work experience (post-graduation)
- Previous HTML experience is considered an asset
- Previous experience using photo editing tools is considered an asset
- Highly computer-proficient & technology-curious
- Excellent English (written & spoken)
- Have a customer focus, be polite, patient and courteous (especially in email), analytical, have good judgment, an ability to plan, prioritize & re-prioritize and work well in collaborative teams
- Transparent and good communicator
- Superior attention to detail, organization, and time management
- Able to work in a full-time remote position
- Reside in Eastern Europe or Portugal (time zone matters)
- Able to work as an independent contractor
- Able to work in overlap with our core global office hours (9 am - 1 pm Eastern). This might mean evenings for you
- Quiet home-office and comfortable to work from home
- Reliable, high-speed internet access (a minimum download speed of 25 Mbps and a minimum upload speed of 6 Mbps)
- A newer computer is required (no older than 3 years) that can handle video editing
- Able and willing to travel to locations in the USA or Europe 1 - 3 times per year with an average stay of 4-8 days each, to attend our software conferences and annual company meetings, once travel and in-person events resume (we would pay for your travel expenses)
Application closing date: August 15, 2022.
We offer additional perks, including paid time off and continuing educational funds.