Do you have a blend of automation and mobile development experience? Are you product-minded and quality-focused? If so, we encourage you to apply!
We're looking for a candidate who cares deeply about providing a flawless user experience by developing end-to-end automated tests and enhancing test coverage across our mobile app. In this role, you will be responsible for shaping our automated testing strategy and leveling up our codebase to meet our testing needs.
This is a remote opportunity and is open to candidates in the United States, Canada, or Mexico.
Fleetio is a modern software platform that helps thousands of organizations around the world manage their fleets. You can learn more about our platform here
. Transportation technology is a hot market and we’re leading the charge, with raving fans and new customers signing up every day. We raised a $21M Series B in late 2020 and are on an exciting trajectory as a company. You can read more about it here
More about Fleetio
What you'll be doing
- Expand, own and maintain our automated test coverage on our native iOS and Android mobile apps using XCUI and Espresso test frameworks
- Ensure automated tests are fast and reliable and provide effective feedback to our team about regression issues
- Recommend coding best practices and architectural patterns that will aid in writing reliable tests
- Be willing and able to make code changes in Swift and Kotlin to fit testing strategies
- Work closely with our Product Quality Analysts to create feature maps and critical path
- Provide our mobile engineers with a solid foundation and framework to build features with automated test coverage and ship with high confidence
- Own and manage our cloud-based testing tools and ensure our CI/CD pipeline runs our test suite consistently with reliable tests
What's in it for you
- Be a part of an incredible team of “A” players who go above and beyond to make Fleetio a successful company. You will build software used by people all around the world. So many different companies and organizations operate a fleet each day, and Fleetio is a good fit for most of them (it’s a huge market).
- Work remotely (within the United States, Canada, or Mexico) or at our Birmingham, AL HQ. Over 80% of our Engineering Team works remotely (including our CTO), and we have promoted a strong remote working culture since the beginning (2012).
- We place great emphasis on work/life balance. We have families and hobbies and we know you do, too.
Our Engineering and Product teams are structured as autonomous squads that execute within one focal area toward a defined product vision. We're hardcore believers in easy-to-use software, and our main goal as Product Engineers is to quickly and continuously deliver meaningful value to our customers. We've optimized our CI/CD tools and processes to easily get code into our production environments, resulting in an average of 40 deploys per week. See what our team has to say about how we work in their own words here
. You can also learn about the interview process here
- 2+ years of professional work experience with automated testing and testing frameworks (XCUI and/or Espresso)
- Experience crafting quality code in Swift and/or Kotlin
- Knowledgeable of the current state of the iOS and Android platform, deployment, and continuous integration best practices
- Committed to improving code quality through writing unit and UI tests
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be sure to mention "coffee" in your application so we know you read this
Considered a plus
- Experience with end-to-end testing for web-based solutions
- Experience with CircleCI, Fastlane
- Experience with cloud-based device farms such as Firebase or AWS Device farms
- You know a thing or two about the fleet management industry
- 100% health/dental coverage (50% coverage for family)
- Vision insurance
- Incentive stock options
- 401(k) match of 4%
- PTO - 4 weeks
- 8 company holidays + 2 floating holidays
- Parental and bonding leave
- Dependent care and medical FSA
- Short and long term disability
- Community service funds
- Professional development funds
- Health and wellness initiatives
- Mac laptop + new hire equipment stipend
- Monthly catered lunches
- Fully stocked kitchen with tons of drinks & snacks
- Remote working friendly since 2012 #LI-REMOTE
For Non-U.S. based candidates, Fleetio offers a country-specific competitive benefits package.
Not quite what you were hoping for? Check out our other engineering roles here.