Who We Are:
Paragon One is helping corporations become the classrooms of the future for real work. We're a team out of MIT and YCombinator building scalable remote extern programs to upskill thousands of underrepresented students per year on behalf of corporates like Home Depot, Meta, PwC, HSBC, HP, and National Geographic. After a 6-8 week cohort-based extern program, students earn a certificate from the company and get to put the externship under professional experience on their resume. Nearly 80% of students are from underrepresented backgrounds, and we see 1 in 2 students land Fortune 1000 jobs within 6 months of completing an externship. Our platform and process handles recruiting, training, collaboration, workflow management, and assessment.
Here’s who we’re looking for:
Paragon One is seeking an experienced Full Stack React Engineer with 5 - 7 years of experience and a strong background in frontend web development to join our dynamic and fast-growing team. In this role, you will be responsible for designing, building, and maintaining high-quality web applications that meet the needs of our clients. You will be working closely with the engineering director, our product managers, designers, and other engineers to deliver scalable, efficient, and user-friendly applications
If you were part of our team, here's some things you would have done last week:
- Modeled our SCOOT values of Sincerity, Collaboration, Ownership, Optimism, and Tenacity
- Demonstrate strong communication skills with cross-functional collaboration
- Shown a strong enthusiasm for our mission and passion for the products
- Demonstrated use of best standard and best practices for engineering high quality software on the frontend
- Making recommendations for improvements to our existing tech stack
- Demonstrated ability to turn ideas into functional product and own the outcome of the quality of your work
- Demonstrated ability to be self-guided with very minimal supervision
- Demonstrated tenacious mindset, can do attitude, and loves to tackle challenges head on
Skills & experience our team needs:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Develop reusable components, libraries, and front-end systems to optimize the development process process and ensure consistency across products.
- Utilize responsive design principles to create applications that function seamlessly across different devices and platforms.
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability, ensuring adherence to best practices.
- Debug and resolve issues across various browsers and devices, maintaining high-quality code standards.
- Participate in code reviews, providing constructive feedback to improve code quality and maintainability.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest industry trends and technologies, recommending improvements to the development process where necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a combined education and practical experience as a full stack engineer.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of proven experience in full stack web development, with a strong focus on React.
- Strong experience with popular React workflows, such as Redux or MobX.In-depth knowledge of RESTful APIs and experience integrating them into web applications.
- Experience with build tools and automation systems, such as Webpack, Babel, and NPM.Solid understanding of version control systems, preferably Git.
- Familiarity with performance optimization techniques and best practices for web applications.
- Excellent problem-solving, critical thinking, and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be fluent in English
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience with server-side technologies such as Node.js, Express, or other backend frameworks
- Familiarity with database systems, such as SQL or NoSQL.
- Knowledge of web accessibility and internationalization best practices.
- Experience in Agile methodologies, such as Scrum or Kanban.
- Yahoo! Finance TV interview: https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6797983228197257216/
- Human Capital Innovations podcast: https://www.innovativehumancapital.com/podcast/episode/2c57482f/s38e23-the-benefits-of-externship-programs-for-the-student-and-for-organizations-with-matt-wilkerson
- Recruiting Daily Article: https://recruitingdaily.com/remote-externships-the-future-of-student-recruitment/
- PwC extern highlight video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UtPw6Kud80
- HP extern highlight video: https://www.linkedin.com/posts/paragon-one_hp-hptechventures-work-activity-6856711255571390464-NV75/