This is a full-time position based in Germany or Poland. Our headquarters are in Berlin and we support a hybrid home office/in person approach to work.
The academic solution team focuses on the important interface between publishers and researchers. We enable publishers to showcase their brand and key journal information on the platform. In parallel, we help researchers be more effective and efficient during the critical journal evaluation phase as readers and potential authors. The net result is a streamlined process which accelerates scientific output!
So come join a team that encourages you to explore, learn, and put your development skills into action in order to have a meaningful impact on the world of science.
- Drive technical discussions and decisions within your team, with peers and company-wide stakeholders
- Constantly challenge our status quo and take initiatives to improve our code base and help defining best practices in software architecture, design, development, delivery, deployment, and operations
- Develop high quality, innovative, flexible, and scalable technical solutions
- Contribute to large and strategic engineering initiatives (including cloud migration, microservice architecture etc.)
- Provide technical mentorship to software engineers across the organization and empower them to solve problems on their own
What you can expect from us
- 10+ years of professional software development experience.
- Proven track record of delivering business value while balancing competing constraints (time, quality, cost)
- Experience architecting and developing solutions to ambiguous problems
- Experience mentoring and coaching engineers
- Solid fullstack experience ideally with Symfony and React but we would also consider laravel, Angular, or Node.js
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with cloud native technologies, working with monolith, migrating from monolith to microservices architecture would be a plus
Work with impact At ResearchGate your input can help over 20 million scientists and researchers solve global challenges. Whether studying the first moments of our universe or tracking global warming, our users make a real difference.
Build at scale this means creating solutions that facilitate an end-to-end product development workflow that enables designers and engineers in multiple product teams to ship reliable features and great user experiences continuously.
Grow at work at ResearchGate we put people first. You’ll join an environment where your personal development is very important to us. In regular one to one & quarterly feedback talks, you and your manager will identify possible paths for you to grow, plan the actionable steps forward and agree on the right amount of guidance needed to reach your goals.
Have ownership as a member of the engineering team, you’ll be given the opportunity to own medium to long-term initiatives and drive the continuous improvement of our infrastructure as well as the engineering organization itself. Your thinking, your feedback on processes, and your execution will be key to the success of new ideas.
ResearchGate was founded in 2008 by three friends who believed it was possible to connect all of the world’s scientists.
By 2015, four complete rounds of financing had fueled ResearchGate’s growth and investors included Benchmark Capital, Founders Fund, Bill Gates, Tenaya Capital, Goldman Sachs,
Wellcome Trust, and Four Rivers Group.
Today, more than 20 million members connect on the network, collaborate, and share their research. They report on their research as it happens and get feedback to make progress faster, post questions and answers, and find new jobs that fit their interest and research profiles.
At ResearchGate we are a bunch of pragmatic optimists from around the world and from many different backgrounds. Together, we focus on taking the web back to its original mission and changing the way scientists communicate for the better, created by scientists, to foster scientific collaboration and drive progress for a better world.
Our goal is to connect the world of science and make research open to all.
We're located in the heart of Berlin, the German capital, renowned for its exceptional variety of attractions, its flourishing cultural scene, and a way of life that's both fast-paced and relaxed - choose your own adventure!