Ambient.ai is a computer vision intelligence company transforming security operations for large enterprises by preventing security incidents before they happen. Ambient.ai has a globally deployed footprint with several F500 companies. The Ambient.ai platform applies AI and computer vision intelligence to existing sensor and camera infrastructure to deliver physical security monitoring and detect threats in real-time. Ambient.ai does this while simultaneously decreasing false alarms by over 95%, allowing security teams to focus on legitimate threats and on rapid response. The future of enterprise physical security is data-driven, intelligent, and proactive. With Ambient.ai, companies can do more with less, while also improving their security posture.
We were founded in 2017 by Shikhar Shrestha and Vikesh Khanna. They are experts in artificial intelligence from Stanford University who previously built iconic products at Apple, Google, Microsoft, and Dropbox. We are a Series-B company backed by Andreessen Horowitz (a16z), SV Angel, YCombinator, and investment angels like Jyoti Bansal, Mark Leslie, and Elad Gil.
Named on the YC Top Companies List 2021 and 2022, and the Forbes Cloud 100 Rising Stars 2020, we are turning the impossible into the inevitable. We are always looking for passionate people, who enjoy solving the toughest problems with cutting-edge AI/ML.
Ambient.ai is hiring our first engineering leader in Bengaluru, India. Working under the leadership of Kiran Palan and Vikesh Khanna, you will be a hands-on engineering leader with experience developing and managing engineering teams. You will also be responsible for building the India charter.
The impact you'll make:
- This role is necessary for helping us scale. Build a positive and productive engineering culture in the Bengaluru office
- This is a unique opportunity to hire world-class engineers and scale the team over the coming years as our business grows
- Work with other teams in Ambient.ai including Engineering, Product, Sales, and Customer Success
- Build products for enterprise customers
- Support ongoing growth and development including recruiting and mentoring
- Establish efficient workflows and practices for new tools based on the evolving needs and capabilities
- Play a central role as a senior leader in our new office. Lead the team during rapid growth
- Represent the team and their projects with senior partners and set us up for long-term success
- We ask that you have a deep technical understanding of the technology stack and the ability to work with the team, and internal and external partners on driving the best possible outcome. You will be responsible for the prioritization and delivery of business outcomes based on the agreed business needs
- Success in this position will be defined by our company having a compelling vision, strategic agility, driving value to our members and customers, and operational excellence. Your enthusiasm to make a difference will be contagious and felt across the business
The amazing skills you'll bring to Ambient.ai:
- 5+ years of software engineering management experience
- 7+ years of industry experience designing and building distributed systems
- Minimum experience of 12+ years in the software industry
- Experience leading platform and product infrastructure engineering teams
- Excited and able to solve interesting technical/scale challenges with their team
- Experience recruiting and leading technical teams in a demanding talent market
- Experience building enterprise-grade, reliable, and software or services
- CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, and distributed systems
- Work onsite in our upcoming Bengaluru office
- You can distill complex technical paradigms into easily understandable literature
- You have the ability to provide technical direction across the organization and influence partners at all levels
- Prior experience building SaaS products will be a huge advantage
Why join us:
- We are creating an entirely new category within a 180+ billion-dollar physical security industry and looking for team members who are also passionate about our mission to prevent every security incident possible
- We have an impressive customer roster of Fortune 500 companies including Adobe, VMware, and Linkedin
- Regular Full-time employees receive stock options for the opportunity to share ownership in the success of our company
- We offer generous time off to rest and recharge including Winter Break (time off between Christmas and New Year’s for most roles depending on customer demand)
- The latest tech and awesome swag delivered to your door
- Enjoy a full range of opportunities to connect with your awesome co-workers
Ambient.ai is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ambient does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws. Ambient is an E-Verify participant.