We allow everyday people to invest in the startups they love!
Wefunder is the largest funding platform connecting founders with their community. Over the past few years, we've helped fund over 1000 pre-IPO startups with $500M+, from early-stage moonshots to unicorns.
Wefunder's Story 💡 https://wefunder.com/wefunder
Our Public Benefit Corp Mission 🎙 https://wefunder.com/charter
Engineering at Wefunder
Last year, investment volume on Wefunder quadrupled. Our team grew from 6 to 20 engineers across small, cross-functional pods that each have ownership over a part of the founder & investor journey. We’re a full-stack startup; our goal is to stay lean and flexible. There's no red tape. It's a small team, and we move fast.
Note: Wefunder is a hybrid workplace. This position is based in San Francisco.
We’re a team of founder types. Your potential matters more than your background or experience; we’re the company where you can take your shot. Everyone is here to learn and grow, to work on a meaningful product, and to fix capitalism. We’ve spent years lobbying congress to fix the law, and in turn, created this industry.
- 💰 Salary Range: $ 130,000 - 175,000 / year (this is a mid to senior level role)
- 🚀 Generous stock options package.
- 🏝 Unlimited vacation days with no less than 3 weeks off.
- 🚞 All-expense-paid Wefunder vacation once a year.
- 😷 Medical, dental, & vision insurance.
- 💵 401(k) with company match.
- 💻 Apple equipment. Whatever you want.
- 🧇 Lots of free food and drinks. That includes daily lunch and weekly team dinners.
- 📚 Classes & conferences. If you can learn something useful, we'll pay for it.
- 👋 This ad goes out to experienced Product Engineers. To those who want to shape Wefunder, actively contribute to product conversations and provide a strong technical voice in the product development process.
- ✨ Your mission is to delight founders and investors. Investing on Wefunder is about being part of something you care about, not just monetary return.
- 🌿 You’ll build products and features that make the fundraising experience better with a pragmatic focus on ROI while understanding product/technical tradeoffs.
- 👨👩👧👧 You'll join a small, mission-oriented team and collaborate closely with designers and product managers in an environment where the boundaries between these functions are sometimes blurry.
- 📚 You keep challenging yourself to learn and grow while also helping others along the way.
Skills & Experience
- Strong execution as an engineer, with a pragmatic attitude towards shipping a better product. You know when to build intentionally scrappy code to iterate quickly and when to build sustainable systems to support a stable product for years to come.
- Strong interest to think about product and how users interact with it_._ You're not satisfied unless you have a deep understanding of the product you're working on and of how it works or should work as a complex system.
- Good communicator. You love to work in a collaborative product development team where engineers, PMs, and designers have seats at the table when defining and shaping the product.
- Ability to deal with the chaos and ambiguity of a startup. Things change, and surprises happen. There will be uncertainties.
If you feel like you don't meet all of the points above, but love this role, we encourage you to apply anyways. We don't want a confidence gap and imposter syndrome to get in the way of meeting incredible candidates. 🦄