As a member of the ShipBob Team, you will benefit from an environment where everything is achievable. We aim to be a place where you can:
Write Your Career Story. Because we are solving some of the most difficult problems in global commerce, you have the opportunity to write the story that will make your career.
Experience Global Impact and Global Connection. At ShipBob we benefit from diverse cultures and perspectives in service of the global community.
Grow With An Ownership Mindset. We believe that great innovation comes from great transparency. We are more resilient and more creative when we have an inclusive and transparent culture where everyone knows our strengths and opportunities.
Title: Sr. People Generalist - HQ
Location: Remote in Delhi, India
Shift: 12:00pm - 9:00pm IST (1:30am - 10:30am CST)
We are seeking a Sr. People Generalist - HQ to join the ShipBob India Team to help support the exciting growth of our business. You will not only serve as an administrative expert and a people champion, but also a change agent and a strategic partner for the business. You will partner with teams and global HRBPs on engagement, employee development, diversity & inclusion, and other key initiatives. In this role, you will report directly to the Regional Associate Director (India).
What you’ll do:
- Assisting in new hire post onboarding administration.
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date human resource files and records while upholding compliance guidelines and regulations.
- Serving as a first point of contact for managers.
- Performing periodic audits of HR files and records.
- Ensuring all employees undergo POSH Training once a year.
- Updating and maintaining ADP, Employee Data etc. as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining, updating, and analysing data to ensure accuracy and legitimacy.
- Assist with reports and data extraction as needed.
- Conducting thorough investigations, supporting conflict resolution processes, and acting as a guide/coach to employees and managers.
- Periodically assisting in the employee confirmation process by making recommendations and preparing letters.
- Acting as a liaison between the organization and external benefits providers and vendors, including health, etc.
- Assisting with planning and execution of employee engagement activities/events such as organization-wide meetings, employee recognition, other events, etc.
- Ensuring accurate and timely Payroll Inputs & Issuing Vouchers as needed.
- Fostering the ShipBob culture by supporting and collaborating with the Culture Committee and Employee Resources Groups in various initiatives and events.
- Facilitating smooth exit of employees by guiding them through the offboarding process.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as necessary.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- A minimum of 8-10 years of experience in Human Resources.
- Bachelors and/or Masters in Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field of study.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy.
- Proficient Excel skills.
- Ability to read, interpret, and present data.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn human resource information systems (HRIS), and similar computer applications.
- High integrity and confidentiality.
Reports to: Regional Associate Director, HR
Perks & Benefits:
- Medical & Accidental Insurance
- All Purpose Leave (casual & sick time): 12 days
- Earned Leave: 15 days
- Public Holiday: 12 days
- Generous Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Quarterly Wellness Day
- Employee Assistance Program
- Work From Home Allowance
- Referral Bonus Program
- Fun Culture >>>Check us out on Instagram (@lifeatshipbob)
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence; therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions.
At ShipBob, we’re looking to bring on board people who embody our core values:
- Be Mission-Driven. We want team members that are passionate about helping entrepreneurs improve their business, and bring that passion every day.
- Be Humble. We have ambitious goals, and our team members understand that success or failure depends on us working together and leaving egos at the door.
- Be Resilient. Logistics is a complicated business. So is software. We value team members that never give up and keep iterating until a problem is solved.
- Be a Creative Problem Solver. As a startup, we value smart, innovative solutions to complex problems. We fall in love with the problem, not our “favorite” solution.
Be Safety Minded. It’s not just talk; it’s the way you work.
ShipBob is a cloud-based logistics platform that partners with over 7,000+ e-commerce businesses to help make their entrepreneurial dreams a reality. We offer a full suite of fulfillment solutions for our merchants, including the ability to improve their transit times, shipping costs and deliver best in class experience to their customers. With an almost 100% accuracy rate in fulfilling orders and orders shipped on time, our merchants can count on us to deliver excellent service.
As one of the fastest growing tech companies in Chicago with over $330M+ raised from blue-chip investors like Menlo Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, Hyde Park Venture Partners and SoftBank Vision Fund 2, our goal is to continue to be the #1 best fulfillment technology in the industry.
ShipBob provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.