At Pier, our mission is to improve credit access for Americans by enabling the next generation of credit providers. We're building "Stripe for Credit" -- Our API is the fastest and simplest way for startups to launch & manage loan, line of credit and other credit programs.
We recently raised an oversubscribed round and have been adding 6-figure ARRs every single month. 🚀🚀🚀
As the 1st Business Operations Generalist at Pier, you will play a critical role in establishing the operational foundation of our company, ensuring efficient and customer-centric operations while maintaining compliance. You will work directly with our co-founders and drive strategic projects and initiatives for the company.
Your Primary Responsibilities Will Be:
- Assist in day-to-day credit and fintech operations related to our B2B SaaS API product, ensuring seamless integration and functionality for our customers.
- Develop and optimize operational processes tailored to our product, ensuring efficiency, accuracy, and adherence to regulatory requirements in the credit and fintech space.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to gather and analyze data, providing insights to support decision-making and process improvements.
- Assist in managing relationships with business customers and vendors, ensuring effective collaboration and service delivery.
- Support customer interactions and inquiries, providing excellent service and escalating issues as needed.
- Conduct data analysis and reporting to monitor key operational metrics, identify trends and provide insights to support decision making and product enhancements
- Work closely with the compliance and engineering teams to prioritize and implement customer-driven improvements and new features.
- Participate in strategic planning initiatives, working closely with the founder to set goals, develop operational strategies, and execute plans within the credit and fintech space
- Ensure compliance with credit and lending regulations, including but not limited to consumer lending, business lending, fair lending practices, credit reporting, privacy laws and other industry-specific requirements.
- Oversee projects related to system integrations, API enhancements, and new product integrations with customers and end-users
- Foster a collaborative and cohesive work environment, effectively communicating and collaborating with cross-functional teams, including sales, marketing, and customer success.
- Demonstrate a start-up mindset, being adaptable, resourceful, and proactive in problem-solving within the credit and fintech space.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Computer Science, or a related field.
- 2-3 years of relevant work experiences, preferably in a early-stage fintech startup, business operations or management consulting role
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to gather, analyze, and interpret data effectively.
- Proficiency in using tools such as Excel, data visualization software, SQL or CRM systems for data analysis and reporting
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with a keen attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills, with the ability to effectively communicate and work with internal teams and external business customers.
- Experience working with business customers, providing support, managing relationships, and gathering feedback for product improvements.
- A proactive mindset, with the ability to take ownership of tasks and seek opportunities for process improvement.
- Adaptability, flexibility and willingness to learn and take on new challenges in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Strong understanding of credit and fintech operations, particularly related to APIs and Saas products is a plus
Our Cultures and Values:
- Customer Obsession: Obsessed with our customers’ and their end-users’ pain points. Everyone is customer service and customer support. We believe that amazing products stem from deep-rooted understanding of customer pains and building solutions to address them.
- High velocity: thrive in high-velocity environments where you learn fast, operate light-speed and execute with a very high bar & with bias towards actions. Be hungry, curious and continue to push the limits. It’s less about where you’re at, more about where you can be & how fast you can get there!
- Empathy factor: Empathizing with those around you, whether it’d be customers, partners, teammates or others. Have genuine interests in the lives of others and how what we do can affect everyone around us.
- Entrepreneurial mindset: founder-mentality, crave ownership and high accountability. Embrace chaos and be comfortable with uncertainty and ambiguity.
- Transparency: no BS, no politics. We’re extremely flat, tight-knit. Always embrace clarity and transparency.