Our mission is to redefine how people work together online. We're not just making collaboration faster—we're crafting it to be the best.
Today we’re all using online platforms more than ever before - building, researching, learning, connecting etc. And we're not doing it alone. We're doing it together with other people and machines, turning the internet into the world's biggest team.
Yet, the web was built for solo voyages. We saw a shift when platforms like Figma and Google Docs brought a multiplayer approach, breaking down walls and inspiring seamless teamwork.
At Velt, we're taking it further. We're on a mission to infuse the magic of collaboration into the fabric of the web—one app at a time. We aim to erase the lines between online and offline co-working, crafting an environment where distance is irrelevant, and 'flow' is the norm.
Right now, more than half of work hours are spent on coordination and communication—less on creating. With Velt, we're setting out to reverse these figures, reducing time spent on logistical issues by over 90%. Imagine what we can create when we spend less time talking about work and more time doing it!
We're building a better web—a web for us, for our team, for everyone. Join us, and let's accelerate the future of web together 🚀
Velt SDK: JS SDK to add powerful collaboration experiences to your own product for your end-users. This helps you ship such experiences ridiculously fast, increase user growth and engagement.
Superflow: JS plugin to enable product, marketing and design teams to comment and collaborate directly on their websites. This helps them iterate and ship their products 10x faster.
What you should know before applying:
We are looking for someone who can hustle and is excited to go all in. This is not a 9-5 job. We are working on very high impact products. This requires high velocity, low ego & lots of hunger. At Velt, you will:
- work harder than you’ve ever worked.
- work with the best team you’ve ever worked with.
- create your best work.
- learn and grow faster than ever before.
You will create a massive impact by shaping the future of web.
What will be your charter:
This is an amazing opportunity to build a community of highly engaged developers who will be both Velt’s greatest champions but also harshest critics who will partner to push the company and product to ever greater levels.
Sample projects you will work on during your first 2 months:
- Create and publish release notes, docs, technical blog posts, tweets about the SDK.
- Create technical youtube videos, deliver tech talks to the developer community.
- Write and share code samples with developer community.
- Create & nurture developer community.
We are looking for the following four fits:
1. Startup stage fit:
- You have experience working independently with abstract problem statements.
- You have experience thriving in unstructured and ambiguous environment.
- You get excited about just delivering - whether it’s a juicy challenging problem or a dry boring problem.
- You want to create the best work of your life.
- You are excited to work in person.
2. Problem fit:
- You are excited about the problem we working on and have an opinion about the problem/solution.
3. Experience fit:
- You have overall SWE experience of atleast 2 years.
- You have worked at atleast one company for >2 years.
- You have deep understanding of modern web languages, API & frameworks.
- You have prior relevant experience of atleast 1 year on the following:
- Creating developer facing content across multiple formats such as documentation, code samples, video & blog posts.
- Built & managed a developer audience or community online.
- Actively contributing to dev communities like Stackoverflow, Reddit, Github, Hacker news, etc.
4. Culture fit:
- You prioritize speed over perfection.
- You can explain difficult concepts to a 5 yr old.
- You are kind and can find common ground in difficult scenarios.
- You are hungry to learn and grow extremely fast.
Submit the following when you apply:
- Why are you looking for a change right now?
- What excites you about the problem space and what is your point of view on that?
- Why are you the right fit?
Why you should join us
1. You will be one of the first 10 employees:
You will help shape:
- Our developer experience and engineering practices
- The direction & focus of our products
- Our company culture
- Our team of highly talented & driven individuals
2. Your work will matter: You will work on mission critical projects that will have a direct large impact on the company and our users.
3. Accelerated learning & growth: You will have 10x learning and growth in a short amount of time.
4. Define & set standards: The code that you write will define & set standards for the future of every shared experience on the web.
5. Ship fast to end users: Your work will get shipped fast (like super fast) and land directly into the hands of developers & all of their end users!
6. 0 to 1: You will have the front row seats to an incredible 0 to 1 journey.