We are a fast-growing Bay Area-based startup backed by leading investors like Menlo Ventures, Accel and Y-Combinator. We create AI and ML-powered software for the finance and lending industries, focused on repayment and debt recovery. We work to improve conversations between call center agents and customers and provide actionable insights. Our products use AI to create next-generation speech analytics that support real-time agent guidance, automated notes after conversations, and call analysis for quality assurance and compliance.
The team has deep technical talent today and we believe there is an opportunity to build an iconic vertical software business that will fundamentally impact how the multi-trillion-dollar debt industry is managed. Debt has such a massive impact on consumers and prior to Prodigal, the industry was saddled with painful, low value manual workflows, and poor customer experience- our mission is to humanize the debt repayment process through automation and data.
Prodigal is looking for a Lead Engineer for our Product Engineering team to own end-to-end development of high performance, customer-facing products
- Drive innovation through both technology and product, as an entrepreneur running this team
- Lead and mentor a team of backend, frontend and fullstack engineers
- Design and architect systems for scalability and build robust customer-facing applications
- The role involves 50% Individual Contribution(IC) and 50% team management work
- Establish and optimize processes for rapid product iterations, including sprint management and A/B experimentation
- Lead code reviews & documentation as well as take on complex tech debts
- Curious to learn and work on multiple programming languages.
- Perform performance analysis, ensuring enterprise-level performance SLAs and uptime.
- Ensure quality and completeness of the product through unit, integration, and regression capabilities
- Partner across the engineering team to take on company-wide initiatives spanning multiple projects. Influence the technical direction for the team and mentor junior engineers
- Ensure the quality of architecture and design of systems. Responsible for end-to-end architecture, high-level design/low-level design of various systems and applications.
- Write code and deploy enterprise-grade applications to production, emphasizing operational excellence.
- B.S./M.S/Equivalent in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of software engineering experience, with a strong focus on customer-facing products.
- 1+ year of experience in leading and building engineering teams.
- Backend engineer with an interest to learn frontend engineering. Bonus if you already have experience with Full Stack development
- Proficiency in at least one programming language, with an eagerness to learn and adapt to new languages.
- Experience working with SQL and NoSQL databases such as MongoDB, Postgresql etc.
- Experience working with AWS services such as Lambda, S3, Cloudfront, SQS and more
- Experience working with logging and monitoring tools such as Sentry, CW, Prometheus, ELK etc
- Experience with A/B testing tools, keen interest in experimenting with new ideas and staged releases for control user groups.
- Experience with hiring and building a strong engineering team
- Good problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills. Should be able to find the right balance between perfection and speed of execution
- Self-starter and self-learner, who is comfortable working in a fast paced environment while continuously evaluating emerging technologies
⚙️ Our Tech Stack
- Applications built using Node.js, Python and React.js
- Databases such as MongoDB, AuroraDB, Redis
- Deployments on EKS, EC2, Lambda and other AWS services
🎁 What we offer
Learn Generative AI & LLMs. We are aggressively building in this space and you'll get the opportunity to learn and experiment with the latest technologies
Fast paced Growth. You’ll get the chance to learn from (and teach) some of the brightest and most skilled people you’ll ever meet.
Continuous education. As relentless seekers of knowledge, we sponsor and support any training materials, books, courses, exam fees for upskilling yourself in areas related to your role - but that's not where it ends. If you make a good case for some extra learning, we're delighted to foot the tab.
Health insurance. Health always comes first. The health of your family is as important to us, as it is to you. We offer insurance coverage for both you and your family.
Flexible schedule. We're not a "clock in, clock out" company. Morning person? Start work while the world’s still sleeping. Night owl? Ramp things up while others are winding
From day 1, Prodigal has been defined by talented, humble, and hungry leaders and we want this mindset and culture to continue to blossom from top to bottom in the company. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and want to work in a fast-paced, intellectually-stimulating environment where you will be pushed to grow, then please reach out because we are looking to build a transformational company that reinvents one of the biggest industries in the US.
To learn more about us - please visit the following
What shapes our thinking