We’re seeking a hard-working Customer Support Team Lead as we continue to expand our team. The team lead will be responsible for a specific group of Customer Support Specialists and will focus on improving their teams’ performance, processes, and more. Most importantly, you'll be responsible for ensuring we continue to live up to and exceed our customers expectations as we deliver an outstanding customer experience.
At SimpleTexting we’re on a mission to help SMBs make an impact by communicating with their audience using text messages.
One of the reasons we’ve grown so fast over the last four years —besides our powerful and easy-to-use platform—is that we deliver fast, friendly, and empathetic support.
As our team continues to grow, we’re on the hunt for a hard-working person to join us as a Customer Support Team Lead! 🙌
In this role you’re in a unique position to understand how our customers find value, how they use our product, and their pain points. You’ll make that knowledge count by helping us improve your teams’ performance, processes, and more. This position reports to the Manager of Customer Support.
If that sounds like an exciting opportunity, then let’s get to the details. 👇
- Manage the day-to-day of your team to ensure a high-quality support experience for all customers
- Coach customer support specialists, contributing to a supportive and growth-oriented environment
- Regularly review performance and metrics, proactively identifying trends
- Create intervention and improvement plans for team members to ensure the team is meeting requirements
- Coordinate with other departments to improve the experience of the team and customers
- Advise on, and directly handle, customer escalations to help your team resolve customer opportunities
- Evaluate workflows and processes to recommend improvements that increase team and customer satisfaction
- Listen to feedback from team members and resolve any issues
- Assist in training new hires to make sure they start off strong
This Role Is For You If
- You love making people and teams better
- You're comfortable holding yourself and others accountable
- Going above and beyond for people gives you a warm and fuzzy feeling
- You're not afraid to make tough calls
- You don't just complete tasks, you also think strategically about the big picture
- You have a customer first attitude
- You live the SimpleTexting values in everything you do
- Ability to inspire and develop individual teammates
- Demonstrable critical thinking, communication, tech, and creative problem-solving skills
- Willingness to take ownership over issues.
- Self-starter with a positive attitude. You don't get fazed by change.
- Highly organized. You can effectively juggle several different priorities.
- Able to become a SimpleTexting power user. You have the skills to learn our product inside and out.
- At least two years experience as an individual contributor in a customer support role, preferably for a SaaS company
- At least 1 year of experience as a team leader or supervisor, preferably for a customer support team at a SaaS company
- Remote (based in the USA and the Philippines)
- $45,000 - $65,000 USD within the USA. Exact compensation varies based on skills, experience, and location
Compensation and Benefits
- Compensation will be based upon current experience and market standards
- This is a full-time position with a set schedule during US daytime hours
- Flexible time off policy