As a member of the ShipBob Team, you will benefit from an environment where everything is achievable. We aim to be a place where you can:
Write Your Career Story. Because we are solving some of the most difficult problems in global commerce, you have the opportunity to write the story that will make your career.
Experience Global Impact and Global Connection. At ShipBob we benefit from diverse cultures and perspectives in service of the global community.
Grow With An Ownership Mindset. We believe that great innovation comes from great transparency. We are more resilient and more creative when we have an inclusive and transparent culture where everyone knows our strengths and opportunities.
Title: Team Lead, Merchant Care
What you’ll do:
- Managing the day-to-day activities of the team.
- Motivating the team to achieve project and organizational goals.
- Prepare and manage schedules (roster) for the team and ensure adherence.
- Responsible for the team’s performance against KPI’s.
- Developing and implementing a plan of action to achieve targets.
- Conducting training of team members to maximize their potential.
- Empowering team members with skills to improve their confidence, product knowledge, and communication skills.
- Conduct role-playing activities to develop interpersonal skills (e.g., objection handling, teamwork, and conflict management).
- Creating a cordial working environment that fosters teamwork and inspires the team.
- Identify individual and team’s area of improvement and devise a plan for improvement.
- Product knowledge assessments of all the associates and support staff team.
- Responsible for identifying and conducting sessions on TNI and TNA & coordinating efforts with the Quality Team to assist in the quality improvement process of the agents.
- Participates in calibration meetings with the Quality team to ensure that there is complete alignment between teams on quality parameters and audit process.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as necessary.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Total 5-6 years of experience in merchant/ customer support.
- Minimum 2-3 years of work experience in a leadership or early management role.
- Graduate from any field.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Fluent in the English language.
- Familiarity with interactive learning activities.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Must be proficient with word processing (MS Word), spreadsheet (Excel), and presentation (PowerPoint) software programs.
- Solid organizational skills to give the team direction.
Reports to: Manager of Merchant Care
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence; therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions.
At ShipBob, we’re looking to bring on board people who embody our core values:
- Be Mission-Driven. We want team members that are passionate about helping entrepreneurs improve their business, and bring that passion every day.
- Be Humble. We have ambitious goals, and our team members understand that success or failure depends on us working together and leaving egos at the door.
- Be Resilient. Logistics is a complicated business. So is software. We value team members that never give up and keep iterating until a problem is solved.
- Be a Creative Problem Solver. As a startup, we value smart, innovative solutions to complex problems. We fall in love with the problem, not our “favorite” solution.
Be Safety Minded. It’s not just talk; it’s the way you work.
ShipBob is a cloud-based logistics platform that partners with over 7,000+ e-commerce businesses to help make their entrepreneurial dreams a reality. We offer a full suite of fulfillment solutions for our merchants, including the ability to improve their transit times, shipping costs and deliver best in class experience to their customers. With an almost 100% accuracy rate in fulfilling orders and orders shipped on time, our merchants can count on us to deliver excellent service.
As one of the fastest growing tech companies in Chicago with over $330M+ raised from blue-chip investors like Menlo Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, Hyde Park Venture Partners and SoftBank Vision Fund 2, our goal is to continue to be the #1 best fulfillment technology in the industry.
ShipBob provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.