About the Senior Backend Engineer Role
We're looking for experienced Backend Engineers at Chowdeck who'll be responsible for building the API infrastructure that powers our food delivery service on multiple fronts. The customer app, where people order food; our vendors' app, used by restaurant owners and the Rider's app, used by delivery drivers. Our tech stack consists of NodeJS, MySQL, Redis, AWS, Google Cloud, and other technologies.
We're looking for curious, empathetic, and kind people who want to continue to grow their careers at a fast-growing tech startup that cares deeply about personal and professional development.
We'll trust you to:
- Design, build and maintain features and improvements on our APIs, services, and systems.
- Solve technical problems of different scopes and complexity, including performance improvements
- Debug and fix production issues across services
- Collaborate with Product Management and other stakeholders (Frontend, UX, etc.) to maintain a high bar for quality in a fast-paced, iterative environment
- Work with engineers across the company to build and maintain new features at a large scale.
- Recognise impediments to our efficiency as a team ("technical debt"), propose and implement solutions, including implementing better standards, tooling, and processes
You'll thrive as a Senior Backend Engineer if you:
- Significant professional experience building large, highly available systems and experience as a team or technical lead is a plus.
- Can write code that meets our standards for style, maintainability, testability and best practices for a high-scale web environment.
- Can think through product requirements to come up with ways of quickly solving problems without compromising quality
- Care deeply about speed, performance, and quality application design
- Can communicate what you're working on to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Have a deep and unrelenting focus on customer satisfaction and experience