Does the challenge of building the rails for payroll and compliance infrastructure across Africa excite you?
Workpay is on a mission to help organizations in Africa manage and pay employees easily, legally, and compliantly. Whether for remote employees in Mali or a local team in Mozambique, Workpay’s tech tools ensure that payrolls, compliance, benefits, and payments arrive on time. With employees at the core of our work, you will join a team that cares deeply about people and inspires them to grow. 🥰
Workpay’s core product is a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform that enables businesses to manage and process employee leave, benefits, documents, payments, and payroll, and to pay their employees in a timely and compliant manner in different African countries. We also provide Employer of Record (EoR) services across the continent, enabling global organizations to quickly and efficiently engage employees in any African country without the cost, risk, and hassle of incorporation, contracting, and tax filing. Workpay handles that for them, and we plan to integrate these services into our evolving global SaaS platform.
If you are successful, Workpay will grow, and so will your role and career.
- Developing new user-facing features using React.js
- Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
- Translating designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
- Diagnose and fix bugs and performance bottlenecks for performance that feels native.
- Collaborating with the back-end developers and other team members to establish objectives and design more functional, cohesive code to enhance the user experience.
Required Qualifications & Experience
- BSC degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related subject.
- 5+ years as a frontend developer and 3+ years in front-end engineering with React js.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs and offline storage
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token
- Ability to understand translate business requirements into technical requirements
- Familiarity with code versioning tools such as Git
- Clear and accurate written and verbal communication. Critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Good time-management skills
- Experience working on software related to employee benefits and other HR tools
- Experience as a developer in a fast-growing B2B SaaS and/or fintech startup
- Familiarity with Jira
- Competitive, incentive-based remuneration, health cover, and gym membership.
- Purpose driven work. We are building the rails for employment payments and compliance across Africa, helping drive economic growth and development.
- Career advancement through constant opportunities for learning and growth
- Working in a flexible, vibrant team environment with a flexible remote work policy. Work from home or from our fun, funky modern office in Westlands.