GAIA is the all-in-one legal platform for small and medium-sized enterprises. Our customers can handle their legal affairs through GAIA in an easy-to-use, reliable, and legally secure manner. GAIA is curated by top law firms, ensuring the highest level of reliability and trust at all times.
GAIA was founded in 2021 and pre-released its product early in 2022 (in stealth mode). Now is a magical time to join. We are still a small and highly committed team, and everyone can make a foundational difference.
About this role
The engineering team is being scaled up currently and we are looking for passionate Engineers across most disciplines to join us.
After having released our MVP and onboarded our first couple of clients we are looking to expand our product and our offerings with an ambitious roadmap.
There will be things we need to fix, improve and decide upon making every role highly impactful.
To bring our vision to market, we are looking for a Senior/Lead FE Engineer (f/d/m) to join our development team.
Frontend engineers at GAIA focus on the core product of the company. Whilst due to the early stage of the company are also involved in Design and Software Development Lifecycle.
As a Senior/Lead Frontend engineer you are encouraged to be curious and work to the best of your abilities to fulfill the needs of the team while also being a pillar for the rest of the team.
- Develop features and improvements to our product. You’ll be responsible for the whole lifecycle of a feature, we encourage you to go as full-stack as you’re comfortable with
- Collaborate closely with Product Management and other stakeholders, be part of the decision making process
- Help us solve complex logical problems that are inherent to the legal tech space. This includes finding the right abstraction layers to ensure a good maintainability of our code base while covering a lot of different edge cases for our clients
- Produce code that adheres to the internal standards while also improving and enforcing them
- Ship features and improvements regardless of size with almost no guidance whilst having an understanding of which topics need further escalation of discussion with other functions such as Architecture
- Recognize impediments (”technical debt”) whilst proposing and implementing solutions
- Be an advocate of our engineering culture, a product first mindset and a trend setter by introducing new technologies and including the whole team
- Be proactive and work outside of just code
- Contributes to the existing testing methodology and tests whilst improving the testing framework/setup
- Excellent understanding and use React and/or other related languages/frameworks (Nuxt, Next, Typescript) used by the team
- Knowledge of other languages or frameworks in different styles or approaches
- Knowledge of counter approaches in comparison to those used currently in the organization
- Good understanding of container approaches and workings (Docker)
- Excellent understanding of GIT and different branching strategies
- Excellent understanding of coding principles and common patterns - not just in theory
- Demonstrated capacity to communicate within a team/organization, this includes achieving consensus with peers, and to provide early and timely feedback
- Comfortable working in a highly agile, iterative software development process
What we offer
- Experience working in a tech startup
- Product company experience
- Experience working with remote members and comfortable guiding developers at the start of their career
- Up to date with modern programming principles and approaches
- You will be part of an exceptional team of people who share the same values and cherish our modern and open firm culture
- We commit to diversity and an inclusive environment, we value diverse personalities, skills, and background
- You will work closely with a product development team of product designers, software engineers, and lawyers.
- We offer flexible working hours, home office, and remote work
- We offer a competitive compensation package
- In this position, you will experience a steep learning curve, grow on a professional level through strong ownership from the first day on
- As we are a values-based organization, you should be aligned with our company values and not be afraid to speak up and take part in open and challenging discussions.