As a Platform Engineer, you must be able to work in an ambiguous environment with an optimistic attitude, that can easily (and happily) wear many hats. You are able to uphold our company’s principles and values while adding to our unique culture. As a member of our Team, you will broadly be responsible for working collaboratively with team members and partners across projects. The right person will be responsible for maintaining, scaling, and monitoring existing infrastructure, including cloud machines, bare-metal servers, and a Kubernetes cluster, to allow Chorus One to provide secure and reliable industry-leading Proof-of-Stake validation services. Leading with intellectual curiosity with a high standard of excellence as well as ensuring best practice across development, testing, and security.
- Maintain, scale and monitor existing infrastructure, including bare metal servers, cloud machines, and a Kubernetes cluster, to allow Chorus One to provide secure and reliable industry-leading Proof-of-Stake validation services.
- Institute monitoring and alerting systems for infrastructure. Enable other team members to attend to and troubleshoot problems as they arise.
- Take all steps required to ensure maximum availability and uptime of maintained blockchain networks. This includes routine and emergent application updates, monitoring of systems, timely response to alerts and on-call phone calls, as well as rapid response to mitigate site outages.
- Develop software related to blockchain data extraction or interchain communication, on an as-needed basis.
- Reason about and improve the security properties of infrastructure. Secure key management, server hardening, and intrusion detection are important themes.
What we are looking for
- Strong Linux skills, including a deep understanding of the kernel and userspace.
- Strong networking skills, including a deep understanding of routing, forwarding, and load-balancing.
- Has prior experience with a range of orchestration and configuration management tools. We use Kubernetes, Ansible, Terraform and Salt.
- Is able to develop tooling, and monitoring solutions where none exist and can debug unreliable software - many of the projects we run are of alpha quality.
- Possesses good knowledge of security as it relates to bare metal and cloud-based infrastructure.
- We expect candidates to know one programming language, in addition to Bash. Popularly used languages in Chorus One are Python, Golang and Rust.
- Is able to work independently, with a high level of ambiguity and undefined requirements.
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in Computer Science or a related subject is a plus, but not strictly needed.
- You are able to work the following timezone: Switzerland +/- 6 hours.
Job Type: Full-time
- Autonomy and ownership in a friendly and supportive work environment and the opportunity for rapid growth.
- Competitive fixed compensation (USD 80k - 150k) + equity.
- $80k – $150k USD + equity
- All-expense paid quarterly team retreats at various destinations (Coronavirus permitting). Past retreats took place in Egypt, Serbia, Kenya, USA, South Korea, and Dubai.
- Remote, but not alone. We are a strong global collaborative environment.
- Remote working budget (Laptop, co-working space, etc)
- Personal development budget
- Gather experience and build your network in the vibrant crypto ecosystem.
- Learn about state-of-the-art protocols that lay the foundation for an open, transparent, and programmable financial system.