We are omni:us (https://omnius.com/company/) - Our clear vision is to support insurers to transform the way they handle claims with the help of AI. We see ourselves as authorities in artificial intelligence and deep insurance expertise. We are a team of leading engineers and insurance experts led by serial entrepreneurs with strong business to business & corporate experience. Our investors & network bring together deep technology, insurance and solution expertise. Together we tackle the insurer's biggest and most interesting challenges.
Founded in 2015, omni:us now employs more than 70 people from 20 different nations. We’re headquartered in Berlin with representations in the UK, France and the United States. As we want to continue delivering amazing work while having fun at the same time, we're looking for a Senior Backend Engineer (German fluency) joining us in our venture! Our ideal candidate is a tech-savvy professional who is curious about new digital technologies and aspires to combine user needs and business goals to develop robust features.
What Will Keep You Challenged?
- Drive the implementation of new features and improvements to our platform
- Build complex & high scalable technical solutions in close cooperation with product management
- Collaborate across teams with Product & Project Managers, QA, and Product Designers to ship new components and features
- Design and develop the APIs encompassing the backend and business logic for omni:us
- Draft architectural decisions and ensure reliable and state-of-the-art products
- Collaborate with team members through paired programming, code reviews and knowledge sharing sessions for our high-energy, fast-paced & result-oriented environment
- Adopt agile practices for efficiency, predictability and customer-driven product development
- Experience in troubleshooting and debugging complex software
- 2+ years of experiences in working with RESTful APIs, Spring
- Enterprise development experience in a project-based environment with exposure to multiple clients
- Proficient in creating/using Kubernetes, Docker containers
- Know your way around in SQL Database (Postgres)
- Good to have: Experience with caching and queuing technologies (Redis, Rabbit), InsureTech knowledge
omni:us is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to maintaining an inclusive environment where unique perspectives contribute to groundbreaking solutions. omni:us welcomes people regardless of race, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political and religious affiliation, socio-economic background, cultural background, geographic location, physical or mental disabilities, abilities, relationship status, age, education and any other category protected by law. People from underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
- A modern technology stack – Kubernetes, Docker, CircleCI, Microservices, Azure/AWS, Distributed Computing, Java, Python
- A highly motivated, fully committed team who is eager to change the insurance space and appreciates support, guidance and teamwork
- A real challenge – full ownership of the product
- True flexibility – unlimited home office/remote work
- Other benefits include: 27 vacation days, transportation pass discounts, Urban Sports Club membership, company/team outings, chef-prepared lunches at our Moabit office, and more