Fieldguide is establishing a new state of trust for global commerce and capital markets through automating and streamlining the work of assurance and audit practitioners specifically within cybersecurity, privacy, and ESG (Environmental, Social, Governance). Put simply, we build software for the people who enable trust between businesses.
We’re based in San Francisco, CA, but built as a remote-first company that enables you to do your best work from anywhere. We're backed by top investors including 8VC, Floodgate, Y Combinator, DNX Ventures, Global Founders Capital, Justin Kan, Eric Ries, and more.
We value diversity — in backgrounds and in experiences. We need people from all backgrounds and walks of life to help build the future of audit and advisory. Fieldguide’s team is inclusive, driven, humble and supportive. We are deliberate and self-reflective about the kind of team and culture that we are building, seeking teammates that are not only strong in their own aptitudes but care deeply about supporting each other's growth.
As an early stage start-up employee, you’ll have the opportunity to build out the future of business trust. We make audit practitioners’ lives easier by eliminating up to 50% of their work and giving them better work-life balance. If you share our values and enthusiasm for building a great culture and product, you will find a home at Fieldguide.
About the Role:
Fieldguide is looking for an experienced Customer Success Leader whose mission will be to scale and drive the operational effectiveness of our Customer Success & Support teams. You will report to the CEO and will be a trusted partner in setting the strategy and objectives for the Customer organization, evolving our delivery models, scaling the team, implementing and execution of success and support processes as well as delivering operational metrics that align to delivering a world-class customer experience.
You will play a key role in defining the evolution of our Customer Success & Support business as Fieldguide continues to rapidly scale. You and your team will work closely with the Engineering, Product and Design teams supporting all customer segments. This role will require a mix of strategy and hands-on execution.
What You’ll Do:
- Work cross-functionally to define the customer success strategy for the next phase of Fieldguide’s growth (new verticals, delivery models, tools, processes, metrics, customer experience models)
- Manage the daily operational execution of the customer success and support teams and partners
- Define our verticalization strategy for the delivery of the department
- Develop a strategy to nurture and grow the next generation of CX leaders at Fieldguide, spreading a culture of high performers.
- Manage the full lifestyle of customer issues by developing action plans for escalated issues, working with Engineering and Product on issue resolution, developing customer messaging and keeping customers and the leadership team informed on progress. Collaborating directly with Engineering and Product to adapt Customer Success processes and services to the Fieldguide Product Road Map
- Coordinate with Engineering teams to provide 24x7 incident response for our customers
- Improve and evolve our existing support infrastructure (Zendesk, Slack, Shortcut).
- Define the right channels for supporting different customer and user types. Build out our self-service support channel and define the content management strategy to support the delivery of world-class customer support experience in a cost effective model
- Understand the “Voice of the Customer" by developing customer surveys and feedback loops and analyzing support data to drive improvements in the Product Roadmap
- Establish and oversee a delivery model for optimization services for live customers
- 10+ years of experience in leading Customer Success, Customer Support, Technical Support, User Support or similar company functions, with direct experience in a SaaS environment
- Deep understanding of the role of Customer Success in an Enterprise Software company with a strong sense of customer empathy
- You build a team of high accountability and low ego, valuing problem solving and continuous improvement in partnership with internal teams. You are committed to building deep ties and effective collaboration with our engineering team. We won't compromise on this.
- Experience with modern support onmi-channel and the models and tools used to support a variety of customer and user types
- A bias towards being customer obsessed and a proven track record of strong cross-functional collaboration
- Experience with one or more Case Management Systems (SFDC, Zendesk, ServiceNow, etc.) and building multi-channel support programs to serve the needs of different customer segments and user types
- Strong communicator with ability to collaborate with and influence the broader organization
- Authentic, humble and curious self-starter, who is excited to roll up their sleeves, be a player/coach
- Comfortable with ambiguity, with the ability to learn new concepts and technologies quickly, and apply those learnings to new domain
- A strong desire to learn about assurance, advisory and audit, our customers, their frameworks, processes, tools and technologies (required)
- Previous experience working with and supporting assurance, advisory and audit firms, and/or a degree in an Accounting-related field (desired)
More about Fieldguide:
Fieldguide is a values-based company. Our values are:
- Fearless - Inspire & break down seemingly impossible walls.
- Fast - Launch fast with excellence, iterate to perfection.
- Lovable - Deliver happiness & 11 star experiences.
- Owners - Execute & run the business with ownership.
- Win-win - Create mutual value & earn trust for life.
- Inclusive - Scale the best ideas with inclusive teams.
Some of our benefits include:
- Competitive compensation packages with meaningful ownership
- Unlimited PTO
- Wellness benefits, including a bundle of free therapy sessions
- Technology & Work from Home reimbursement
- Flexible work schedules