At Pier, our mission is to improve credit access for Americans by enabling the next generation of credit providers. We're building "Stripe for Credit" -- Our API is the fastest and simplest way for startups to launch & manage loan, line of credit and other credit programs.
We recently raised an oversubscribed round and have been adding 6-figure ARRs every single month. 🚀🚀🚀
As a founding backend engineer at Pier, you will have an integral role building our credit infrastructure products, setting the technical direction of our platform, and developing our culture. You will work directly with our co-founders and drive strategic projects and initiatives for the company.
Your primary responsibilities will be:
- Contribute to developing our credit origination, underwriting and servicing APIs
- Collaborate closely with founders to architect our systems and define the engineering roadmap
- Manage integrations with 3rd party financial technology APIs
- Write clean, maintainable and efficient code
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- 3+ years of experience in software development, preferably at a pre-series B startup
- Strong proficiency in systems programming and building backend web-based applications
- Experience in designing and implementing RESTful APIs
- Experience with NoSQL databases.
- Experience with creating prototypes and rapid experimentation.
- Strong communicator who can articulate your ideas clearly and participate in making difficult decisions
- A self-starter, with a willingness to take ownership and drive projects to successful completion
Nice to haves
- Experience working in fintech or compliance sectors
- Experience at an early-stage, fast-growing startup
Our culture and values
Customer Obsession: Obsessed with our customers’ and their end-users’ pain points. Everyone is customer service and customer support. We believe that amazing products stem from deep-rooted understanding of customer pains and building solutions to address them.
High velocity: thrive in high-velocity environments where you learn fast, operate light-speed and execute with a very high bar & with bias towards actions. Be hungry, curious and continue to push the limits. It’s less about where you’re at, more about where you can be & how fast you can get there!
Empathy factor: Empathizing with those around you, whether it’d be customers, partners, teammates or others. Have genuine interests in the lives of others and how what we do can affect everyone around us.
Entrepreneurial mindset: founder-mentality, crave ownership and high accountability. Embrace chaos and be comfortable with uncertainty and ambiguity.
Transparency: no BS, no politics. We’re extremely flat, tight-knit. Always embrace clarity and transparency.