As the Senior Product Manager for the Subscriber Data Platform at Postscript, you will be responsible for the strategy, roadmap, development, and delivery of software that captures, modifies, and makes use of merchant’s subscriber data. You will play a significant role in setting the vision for how we use subscriber data and how that data is surfaced to our customers, owning both the inputs and outputs of that data.
Through direct contact with customers and by partnering with both customer-facing and internal teams you will continually acquire deep knowledge of our customer base, the market competition and opportunities that data platforms present, and the ways in which the product needs are evolving as our company grows. You will set our priorities for platform improvements and features that drive a scalable, integrated, and easy-to-use data platform, all with an eye toward delighting our customers and delivering a great developer experience for other Postscript teams. You will develop and communicate this vision to internal and external stakeholders in a way that excites and motivates them.
As a Senior PM you will have substantial scope and opportunity for future growth, and will be expected to exhibit autonomy and ownership as you lead teams focused on delivering impact via some of Postscript’s core systems and features. You’ll exercise substantial influence over how our platform and product evolve, and the work you do will benefit every Postscript customer.
This role is fully remote anywhere in North America.
- Own the product roadmap, strategy, and vision for our subscriber data platform, including development, iteration, release, and communication around updates, new features, and other improvements. Work with substantial autonomy and balance investments in new features, scalability/performance, and supporting the business as we grow in order to deliver the maximum impact in the shortest amount of time.
- Define and regularly measure success for your team and product areas. Collect and use both quantitative and qualitative data to support this process. Hold yourself and your team accountable for progress, and work to iteratively improve.
- Develop excellent customer and domain knowledge. Engage in discovery and research activities to accurately define customer workflows, problems, and opportunities related to ecommerce subscriber and customer data.
- Advance the state of our subscriber data platform. Expand the breadth of data we can pull in, ensure it drives value for our customers, and make it easy for other Postscript teams to leverage throughout the application. Use your deep domain knowledge to successfully partner with Design and Engineering in abstracting the complexities of subscriber data from customers and other developers.
- Facilitate and maintain excellent communication across the company. Work closely with internal and external teams to produce and roll out new features and platform capabilities to customers and partners
What We’ll Love About You
- 5+ years of SaaS product management experience
- 2+ years of platform or technical product management experience strongly preferred
- Entrepreneurial, with excitement about operating with high autonomy, ownership, and bias towards action in a rapid iteration, high growth startup environment.
- History of achieving success and navigating ambiguity in similar environments
- Excitement about working closely with engineering to design and execute platform advancements in a complex and evolving technical domain
- Strong technical skills; comfort working with SQL, APIs, system architecture, domain design, etc. You won’t code as part of your day-to-day, but we’d love it if you had experience (even on personal projects) writing software and/or getting deep into data
- History of developing internal or external platforms; experience simultaneously solving for both developers & end customers
- Genuine excitement for making SMS the next meaningful customer engagement channel
What You’ll Love About Us
- Salary range of USD $161,900 to $190,800 base plus significant equity regardless of location
- High growth startup - plenty of room for you to directly impact the company and grow your career!
- Remote team - work from home (or wherever!)
- Fun - We’re passionate and enjoy what we do
- Flexible paid time off
- Health, dental, vision insurance
- Other great perks, such as home office stipend