** EventMobi is a remote-first company and this is a remote job. You may reside anywhere in the world to do this job. However, you must be willing to work during Eastern Standard Time business hours. The salary range for this role is between 60k - 90k CAD per annum. This posting is open to all candidates globally.
EventMobi is an award winning tech startup with offices in Toronto, Berlin and Manila and over 1500 clients across the globe. We are on a mission to revolutionize how event planners create, market and manage their events. Millions of attendees around the world experience conferences and events with the help of EventMobi’s event tech platform including clients like Motorola, Ralph Lauren, Nestle, and Intel.
Ideally, you care about good architecture & design, quality, and scalability as part of your work. You enjoy leading and coaching individuals on your team and you're looking for a place where you can approach your problems creatively. You enjoy collaboration with an incredibly smart & talented team and are able to bring your expertise to help shape our technical vision and determine how we will execute on it.
If this sounds like just the role you've been hoping for, please apply and tell us more about yourself!
WHAT YOUR WORK WILL FOCUS ON
- Mentorship - One of the most senior software developers on staff. Provide technical mentorship and assistance to a team of 4-7 developers, and create opportunities for professional development.
- Technical Strategy - Responsible for EventMobi’s overall software design, helping to align technology with business goals. Lead research into new technology options, tools or patterns to discover opportunities to create new business value for EventMobi’s customers.
- Architecture - Empower and guide technical leads in product and application level architecture choices. Ensure consistency in technology choices and enable experimentation with new tools and approaches where appropriate to drive new business value. Lead resolution of architecture and technology choices and challenges that cut across all teams.
- Development Best Practices - Hands on keyboard to provide clarity and support tech leads in expanding standards and writing clean code. Pair with team members to solve the hardest coding challenges. Contribute to continuous improvement in our software development processes as we take initiatives from concept, feasibility, and design to implementation, testing, and release.
- Performance & Scale - Build measurement frameworks for performance, scalability, etc, including setting expected standards of performance against those metrics in consultation with product management and business stakeholders.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE TEAM
- Experience growing high performing software development teams focused on outcomes versus just outputs.
- Experience with long-term development, enhancement and maintenance of a SaaS application/platform.
- Skilled in guiding technology and architecture choices with a focus on delivering business value
- Interest in leading the evolution of an existing code base and architecture versus solely focusing on green field development.
- Experience with Mobile and Web development (a true polyglot), ideally with proven skills working with React and Capacitor, Python, and RESTful APIs.
- Must have start-up experience; big company experience okay in combination, but not exclusively
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Extensive knowledge about React and web development
- At least 2-3 years of experience managing a team (at least 2 reports, preferably a larger team or multiple teams) of React developers
- A passion for development and solving problems, and a desire to be actively involved in writing code
- Ideas about everything, the resolve to convey your point clearly, and the graciousness to listen to alternate ideas and choose the best option. You’re constantly thinking “how can we do this better?”
- Experience maintaining Jira and managing the lifecycle of tickets in a cross-team environment
- Data-driven decision making and experience guiding a team in selecting and achieving realistic-yet-challenging OKRs
- A passion for growing and supporting your team through 1:1 meetings, mentorship and coaching, and working on career progression plans
- Ability to think about the big-picture roadmap and technical vision of the product, and integrate those plans into near-term sprint planning and project architecture
- Confidence in running standups, sprint planning, backlog grooming, and retrospective meetings that align with the company roadmap while balancing maintenance and the needs of the team
- Eagerness to work with a team of strong, fun-loving developers that love to learn from and teach each other
- Knowledge of DevOps & Infrastructure (AWS) is nice to have
WHAT WILL YOU GET FROM EVENTMOBI?
- We offer the experience of a lifetime working with a dynamic, open-minded and diverse team, who are excited to come to work every day and passionate about what they do and the clients they help
- Competitive compensation
- Company Stock-Options
- A modern MacBook Pro to use for work
- A great culture with much more along the way
REMOTE WORKSPACE REQUIREMENTS:
- You have a safe, comfortable, and ergonomic workspace and working environment - a private and quiet workspace is vital for doing your best work!
- You have a reliable internet connection capable of participating in video calls, with at least 30Mbps download speed