Rippling is looking for a Global Head of Tax to build and lead the global tax function. The Global Head of Tax is responsible for Rippling’s overall tax strategy, including structuring, planning, accounting and compliance. The leader in this role will own our global expansion from a tax perspective and take ownership of tax compliance across our US and international entities. This role will work closely with our legal, finance, product and engineering teams to provide input into our roadmap for products such as our Global Payroll and Employer of Record products.
This role will provide regular updates on Rippling’s tax strategy, practices and exposures to internal and external stakeholders, including various committees of the Board of Directors and external auditors.
What you will do
- Establish Rippling’s international tax strategy for global expansion. This includes both serving US based customers with international operations, as well as servicing companies domiciled abroad
- Take ownership of all global tax returns and compliance filings for all entities and jurisdictions
- Develop a global transfer pricing strategy with the help of external tax advisors
- Create a VAT / GST compliance program for indirect taxes outside the US
- Own tax provision and related footnote disclosures for financial statements
- Take responsibility for tax sections of US GAAP and foreign statutory audits, including reconciliations between US GAAP and foreign GAAP
- Build and lead a high performing global tax team
- Participate in tax process optimization, develop and implement procedural changes and/or processes to improve the tax function.
What you will need
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Finance/Accounting/Economics
CPA or JD
- 15+ years of professional experience in US and international taxation, including transfer pricing.
- Mix of Big 4 experience and industry experience. Multi-national public company experience is a plus.
- Executive leadership with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Independent problem solver with the ability to set the strategy for the broader team
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, take ownership of work product and improve processes
- Is able to adapt to a constantly changing, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.