Our mission at Product Hunt is to surface great products every day and support our community of Makers in building the future. We obsess over delivering an amazing experience to all of our users and we are building a world-class team to achieve that.
We’ve been around since 2014 and have accomplished a lot with our small but mighty team. With our most recent $23 million financing round, we’re ready to find even more ways to deliver value to makers and tech enthusiasts around the world.
We’re seeking a Senior Software Engineer ****to join our team. Reporting to one of our Engineering Team Leads, your highest priorities will include leading high impact features and mentoring junior engineers. Our ideal candidate has a track record as a leading individual contributor at previous companies, and is excited to make an outsized impact on the Product Hunt Engineering team from day one.
Our ideal candidate:
- Has owned and led high impact features across the full stack, that pushed the team towards their quarterly/yearly goals, from ideation and planning to development, reporting and maintenance.
- Has helped shape new features from a user experience perspective.
- Can share examples of projects / critical decisions made through ability to clearly communicate cross functionally to clarify requirements and provide supporting data etc.
- Must have:
- Advanced skills in Ruby / Rails
- Experience with React / NextJS
- Experience mentoring junior engineers
- Excellent communication and cross-functional collaboration skills
- Nice to have:
- Experience with GraphQL, Typescript and AWS infrastructure
- Experience working with a remote/global team
Does this sound like you? Apply to join our team!
How We Work
Every person adds to the culture of our team. We look for people that are:
- Curious – Product Hunt was founded with an experimental mindset, an important principle when building something new
- Authentic – People seek authenticity more than ever. It’s a value we hope to demonstrate inside and outside the company.
- Bold – Each person on the team should feel empowered to take measured risks to create an outsized impact
- Empathetic – Launching a product is anxiety-inducing. It’s important each person on the team can empathize with makers and our community.
- Kittenish – We’re serious about our work, but that doesn’t mean we can’t have fun :)
We’re a distributed team across the world, including Bulgaria, Canada, France, India, Ireland, Spain, United Kingdom, and United States. It’s important to us to build an inclusive team – across gender, ethnicity, and experiences – to best serve our global community.
Full-time Employee Benefits / Perks
A few of the benefits we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Wellness stipend – Your health is important to us, too.
- Full health insurance coverage for you and your dependents if you live in the US and a generous stipend for outside the US.
- Company paid laptop, WFH set up, and a monthly internet stipend
- Fluid work schedule – We don’t believe in face time, work when you’re most productive.
- Generous vacation time – Hard work deserves time off, so please take it.
- Wellness Mondays - First Monday of the month is your time. Spend it however you want.
- Professional development stipend - Grow, learn, and become even better at what you do.
- Live wherever – We don’t care if you WFH or work from Hawaii (our team is fully distributed)