The Chief of Staff will work closely with CEO Kanjun Qiu and CTO Josh Albrecht as we scale Imbue. Kanjun herself started her career as the Chief of Staff at Dropbox, scaling the company from 200 to 1300 people.
This is a high-trust role with enormous growth potential. Your job is to do whatever it takes to make Generally Intelligent successful. Your work will cut across strategic initiatives and tactical execution with both internal and external folks.
• Interview machine learning engineers and researchers
• Build relationships with potential partner companies and customers
• Represent Kanjun in internal and external communications, meetings, and events as needed
• Prepare quarterly board materials
• Research and reach out to people in order to build relationships, find guests for our podcast, and surface potential new opportunities
• Take over finance, legal, and HR
• Manage operations team, including assistants, event planners, and office coordinators
• Build systems to streamline operations and support company culture as we grow
• Build and manage press machine and social media marketing
• A fast learner
• Gets stuff done
• Can take on big projects and move them forward with little oversight
• Deep belief that AI today is a historical moment, like the Industrial Revolution or early Internet
• Strong writing skills
• Enjoy talking to people / working through others
• Interest in building an AI community around Imbue
• Experience as a founder
• Experience in BizOps (business operations) at a startup
• Experience in strategy consulting (e.g. McKinsey, BCG), in addition to at a startup
• Experience as an engineer or product manager with a desire to move to the business side
• Studied quantitative fields like math, computer science, physics, or computational biology
Since writing is a core part of this role, we require you to upload 1-2 writing samples in your application. We’ll be evaluating for fluency and clarity of thought. Examples could include:
• A memo outlining strategy for a new product
• An analysis of a business process
• Blog posts or other copy written for external publishing
All submissions are reviewed by a person, so we encourage you to include notes on why you're interested in working with us. If you have any other work you can showcase (open source code, side projects, etc.), certainly include it! We know that talent comes from many backgrounds, and we aim to build a team with diverse skillsets that spike strongly in different areas.
We try to reply either way within a week or two at most (usually much sooner).
Learn more about our full interview process here.
Imbue builds AI systems that reason and code, enabling AI agents to accomplish larger goals and safely work in the real world. We train our own foundation models optimized for reasoning and prototype agents on top of these models. By using these agents extensively, we gain insights into improving both the capabilities of the underlying models and the interaction design for agents.
We aim to rekindle the dream of the personal computer, where computers become truly intelligent tools that empower us, giving us freedom, dignity, and agency to pursue the things we love.