UP42 is changing the way geospatial data is accessed and analyzed. The developer platform and marketplace bring together multiple sources of data such as satellite imagery, weather data, and more—with algorithms to identify objects, detect change, and find patterns. Industry leaders use UP42 to inform business decisions and build scalable customer solutions.
We are looking for a Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer (m/f/x) to join our motivated team in Berlin.
About the role:
- Design, build, and maintain our core infrastructure of complex and highly scalable systems in the cloud
- Deploy and maintain various Kubernetes clusters on the public cloud (Google Cloud Platform) using infrastructure-as-code
- Design and implement cloud network infrastructure
- Implement, automate and document security guidelines based on best practices
- Implement thorough monitoring solutions for the complete infrastructure
- Improve maintainability, reliability and scalability of our environment
- In collaboration with the SRE Team and CTO identify and solve problems as they arise
- Several years of experience in cloud infrastructure management with a proven track record
- Profound knowledge of cloud security and networking best practices
- Excellent knowledge of preferably multiple public cloud providers (e.g. GCP, AWS, Azure)
- Deep knowledge of one infrastructure-as-code system (preferably Terraform)
- Knowledge of Kubernetes cluster operations (experience with Kubernetes Cluster Federation is a plus)
- Proficiency with one or more programming languages (e.g. Golang, Java, Python, Bash)
- Experience with implementation and operation of CI/CD pipelines
- Ability to communicate and explain complex technical topics to the rest of the technical team in a clear manner
- Cloud related certifications are a plus
- Excellent communication skills in English
- The chance to shape the state of the art geospatial processing platform and create a completely new planetary perspective
- Hybrid and flexible working model - you can choose to work from the comfort of your home or join your colleagues in our modern office in the heart of Kreuzberg
- Inspiring international team, fun and productive environment
- Competitive salary package and other great benefits
- Regular team events, team updates and get-to-gathers
- Development budget: we help you grow and you grow UP42!
- Challenges, space for creativity and taking ownership
Does this sound like a good next step into your geospatial career? If so, we look forward to receiving your application in English.
Our culture is one of belonging, where everyone feels welcome and where differences are celebrated. We seek to recruit the best talent regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background and/or belief—and strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We also value more than the skills and experiences outlined in this job description. Even if you think you only fill 60% of the requirements for this role - we would still like to consider your application.