UP42 is changing the way geospatial data is accessed and analyzed. The developer platform and marketplace bring together multiple sources of data such as satellite imagery, weather data, and more—with algorithms to identify objects, detect change, and find patterns. Industry leaders use UP42 to inform business decisions and build scalable customer solutions.
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer (m/f/x) to join our motivated team in Berlin.
About the role:
- Actively support cross-functional Product teams with feature development covering infrastructure parts
- Maintain and expand testing and deployment pipelines (CI/CD)
- Help to grow and develop the product teams in the DevOps related topics as well as iterate on best practices
- Deploy and maintain various Kubernetes clusters on the public cloud (Google Cloud Platform) using infrastructure-as-code
- Implement and maintain thorough monitoring solutions for the complete application landscape
- Implement and document security guidelines based on best practices
- In collaboration with the SRE Team and CTO identify and solve problems as they arise
- 3+ years of experience in a similar position in infrastructure management with a proven track record
- Profound understanding of DevOps best practices and experience in implementing them
- Excellent knowledge of cloud provider management (e.g. GCP, AWS, Azure)
- Deep knowledge of one infrastructure-as-code system (preferably Terraform)
- Knowledge of Kubernetes cluster operations
- Expertise in implementation and operation of CI/CD pipelines
- Proficiency with one or more programming languages (e.g. Golang, Java, Python, Bash)
- Experience working with cross-functional teams and communicating DevOps mindset clearly
- Excellent communication skills in English
- The chance to shape the state of the art geospatial processing platform and create a completely new planetary perspective
- Hybrid and flexible working model - you can choose to work from the comfort of your home or join your colleagues in our modern office in the heart of Kreuzberg
- Inspiring international team, fun and productive environment
- Competitive salary package and other great benefits
- Regular team events, team updates and get-to-gathers
- Development budget: we help you grow and you grow UP42!
- Challenges, space for creativity and taking ownership
Does this sound like a good next step into your geospatial career? If so, we look forward to receiving your application in English.
Our culture is one of belonging, where everyone feels welcome and where differences are celebrated. We seek to recruit the best talent regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background and/or belief—and strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We also value more than the skills and experiences outlined in this job description. Even if you think you only fill 60% of the requirements for this role - we would still like to consider your application.