The Software Engineer Program (SEP) is a global two-year career development program designed to provide entry level talent with the foundational technical and professional skills enabling them to build robust networks and establish successful careers in technology at JPMorgan.
The Program Manager role is critical to the success of the Program. The Program Manager plays a variety of roles within the Program including supporting engineers, developing and managing relationships with clients and partnering with key firmwide stakeholders to ensure the Program's success.
This role provides an excellent opportunity for end-to-end ownership by creating and driving strategy around the Program objectives to: deliver a globally consistent and robust engineer experience, secure challenging roles providing growth opportunities, align with engaged managers, support the firm's entry level talent and location strategy and actively listen to our stakeholders to continuously improve and transform the Program. High level responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Provide coaching to engineers on career planning and development, increasing performance/contribution, issue resolution, mobility searches and retention through regular 1:1's
* Plan, execute and support engineer development activities including engineer committees, networking events, and communications
* Provide guidance to managers/HR Business Advisors on performance management issues
* Work with SEP line of business Advisory Board and Tech Center leadership to identify challenging placements with engaged managers for engineers
* Manage all core Program processes from end to end including placing engineers in their roles, line of business and Tech Center engagement, SEP education, compensation and engineer development
* Partner with Campus Recruiting to deliver top quality talent for the company, diversity initiatives and participation in candidate assessment activities
* Partner with the SEP Training team to ensure all aspects of engineer training are successfully planned and implemented
* Facilitate group workshops, roundtables, and briefing sessions for engineers and managers
* Participate in and lead program-wide initiatives including process re-engineering, communication strategy, engineer role review, manager effectiveness, engineer/manager surveys, and global SEP committees
* Work with other PMs within the global teams to ensure consistency in process and approach
* Provide engineers, managers, Tech Center leads, HR Business Partners and technology executives with ongoing program updates
Given the broad and deep scope of the Program Manager role, there are many skills that are necessary for success in the role:
* Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, strategic client relationships at the executive and manager level
* Excellent verbal and written communications, including presentation and facilitation skills
* Intermediate Excel, SharePoint, and PowerPoint skills; ability to synthesize data and communicate a compelling story
* Ability to manage time effectively, prioritize and escalate appropriately
* Strong attention to detail, follow-through and results orientation
* Ability to successfully multi-task across tactical and strategic initiatives
* High degree of initiative and autonomy
* Demonstrated ability to work in a virtual team environment
* Strong consultative and influencing skills
* Strong project and process management skills
* Creativity and ability to generate new ideas
* Strong professional presence
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the "WELL Health-Safety Rating" for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. These requirements may include sharing information in the firm's vaccine record tool, vaccination or regular testing, mask wearing, social distancing and daily health checks. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
Software Engineering Manager, JPMorgan Chase & Co.Plano Full Time Employment
Manager - Software Engineering, JPMorgan Chase & Co.Plano Full Time Employment
VP, Software Engineering Manager, JPMorgan Chase & Co.Plano Full Time Employment
Manager, Software Engineering - Front End, Capital One Financial CorporationPlano Full Time Employment
Software Engineer, JPMorgan Chase & Co.Plano Full Time Employment