Modea is seeking an experienced UX Researcher/Designer to join our fast paced and growing team. As a UX Researcher/Designer, you will focus on providing value to our clients, ensuring the usability of our products while creating great work.
What does a UX Researcher do at Modea?
We tackle interesting projects on cross-functional teams made up of software engineers, designers (that’s you), project managers, strategists and analysts. These team members work very closely with each other and the client to design and build awesome, consumer web and mobile experiences. We conduct user research and establish ourselves as the expert on a project team when asked, “What’s best for the customer?”
We're currently looking for a hardworking UX Researcher/Designer to shepherd our projects from kickoff through wireframes. The right person for this role has received training with both customer research and UX, is a great communicator and understands how to translate client goals into designs. Ideally, they will also have some work experience through full-time work or design internships. This is a full-time position located at one of our offices: in Blacksburg, VA, or Nashville, TN.
Here are a few specific things we’d be looking for you to do:
- Lead user experience research and testing: We use research to connect our clients’ goals to our end-users lived experience. You will interview live users of the client’s website or app, develop personas, and conduct research that provides a clear understanding of how design, site architecture, and content can impact the user’s experience.
- Define UX and information architecture: Translate research into tangible designs in the form of information architecture, site maps, and wireframes.
- Meet project goals and deadlines: We operate a robust project management practice that helps us stay organized and iterate our work to create client value faster. This involves being a part of regular meetings and collaborating with the rest of the team within two-week sprints.
- Bring design best practices to the table: We’d consider you the design expert on each project and would be looking for you to ensure that design best practices are being followed at all times.
What are you looking for?
Here is a list of skills and qualities that are critical to this role:
- Be a great listener and communicator (oral and written)
- Be naturally curious and love problem-solving
- Have experience doing UX design and research on multiple projects via work or educational experience
- Enjoy working together with clients and developers to bring a design to life
- Understand the principles and practice of Mobile First and Responsive web design
- Be an expert using industry-standard design software like Sketch and Figma
- Have a positive attitude and an inspiring work ethic
- Be able to think commercially and translate business goals into your work product
- Be pleasant to work with and a team player
- Have a college degree or a similar degree of life experience
- Be passionate about interaction design and ready to share your favorite blogs, authors, etc.
- Have 2-4 years of work experience in design
Who is Modea?
We are a technology consultancy with a mission to infuse greater control, transparency, and choice into the consumer healthcare experience. To do this, we work with large healthcare providers to help them build out a digital roadmap, then design and build mobile, web, and other digital experiences. We fundamentally believe that this work helps consumers have better information and access to care, and our clients to build stronger customer relationships.
Here are a few ways to get to know our work in healthcare:
- Check out the Vanderbilt Children’s Hospital website. Our team built the entire experience on a cutting-edge, headless CMS implementation.
- Download the Ballad Health mobile app. We designed this app using the Ionic UI kit and built it on a cross-platform framework for both iOS and Android.
- Search for a doctor at the Carilion Clinic website. We helped them transform their site experience and digital tools like search and find-a-doc.
Why should I apply?
First, you’ll love the work we do and the people you’ll get to do it with. We’ve assembled an exceptionally smart and hardworking team and you’ll enjoy the camaraderie of your fellow “Modeans.” We also work with great clients who value us and our contributions. At Modea, design is fundamental and essential to our work.
Second, Modea offers a great benefits package that provides both a fun and enjoyable workplace and great perks that will improve your quality of life:
- Paid time off
- Team lunches
- Regular employee events (parties, community service, etc.)
- Generous health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k with fully vested company matching
- Long term & short term disability insurance
Some of these benefits, like parties and team lunches, have had to adapt to the remote work environment we are currently in, but our operations team has found innovative ways to support our team, from regular care packages to a work-from-home stipend. We take care of our team.
The working environment here at Modea is one of accountability and autonomy. We are working to solve big problems. So we expect a lot, but give team members the tools, freedom, and flexibility to come up with great solutions. Together, our team is developing world-class technology that will change the way healthcare is delivered.
You must be legally authorized to work in the United States for this position.
Modea participates in the E-Verify program.
Modea is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Modea is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.