At TutorMe, we're here to level the academic playing field by empowering students to get the on-demand support they need to achieve their academic goals. Our mission is to make learning fun, engaging, and equitable for all students. We believe in providing learners with the right teachers, tools, and motivation so they can thrive no matter their circumstances.
As the market leader in online tutoring, we have created a cutting-edge online education platform where over 15,000 expert tutors in 300+ subjects can share their knowledge with students of all ages, backgrounds, and learning styles. Since 2013, TutorMe has been a trusted resource for K-12 school districts, higher education institutions, employers, and nonprofits, supporting over 1.5 million students (and counting!) by providing on-demand 24/7 help with subjects ranging from Algebra to Aerospace Engineering. Join us in the online learning revolution and be a part of a team that's increasing education equity for all students!
Reporting to the Director of Product, this individual will be responsible for writing user stories, conducting product and user research, collaborating across the organization, and supporting the intentional and creative expansion of the TutorMe suite of products. The most successful candidates will bring a hunger to learn and build their skills, showing a willingness to form and defend their own opinions and hypotheses.
What You'll Be Doing
- Work closely with developers, designers, stakeholders, QA, analytics, and other Product teams to take ideas from concept to launch
- Use an effective combination of research, data, and product intuition to make timely decisions and recommendations
- Maintain a comprehensive product roadmap and build alignment for it from the whole team while taking a leadership role in maintaining project management efforts
- Work alongside Engineering to ensure the requirements are built to spec, deployed to a quality level, and provide the results you predicted
- Serve as a communication hub and facilitate collaboration across teams and departments related to your products
- Own key targets and metrics: Collect and analyze data, and use it to drive decision-making at a company level; propose hypotheses, run experiments to test them, and iterate quickly
- 2+ years of experience building and shipping technology products at scale: web app and mobile apps
- A reputation of being the smartest person in the room, with the humility to realize you won't always be
- A natural, deep curiosity that drives you to learn, investigate, and constantly ask why
- Expert communication skills, including the ability to persuade and inspire, a knack for breaking down complex technical concepts, and a proactive attitude towards knowledge sharing
- Strong sense of ownership and a "whatever it takes" attitude towards getting stuff done
- Boundless creativity when it comes to generating ideas, but an understanding that execution is what ultimately matters
- Comfort with ambiguity and an instinct for moving quickly
- The inclination to get your hands dirty, from building mockups to help communicate your ideas to writing your own SQL to understand our data
- A strong growth mindset, unwavering grit, and an appetite for being constantly pushed beyond your comfort zone
- An ability to make difficult choices and to say "no" when necessary
- Preferred experience/interest in education
- Competitive pay & 401(k) matching
- Generous vacation, holiday, and sick PTO
- Top-notch health, dental, and vision insurance
- Access to an annual wellness credit and on-demand mental health support
- 120 hours of free online tutoring per year for you and your family (10 hours per month)
- 100% remote work environment; we'll provide you with all the tools you need to be successful
- Mobile phone stipend and work from home allowance
- Opportunity to be a key player at a high growth start-up that's helping students nationwide get the academic support they need
- We love to learn! All TutorMe team members have access to numerous professional and personal development opportunities
If you are not sure that you're 100% qualified, but you're up for the challenge—we encourage you to apply!
We recognize that diversity drives innovation, so we proudly cultivate a diverse, inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to join our team of passionate professionals.
*For Colorado Residents: the role has a salary range of $61K-$97K plus annual performance bonus, and great benefits, (www.myzvolife.com).