Who are Tyk, and what do we do?
The Tyk API Management platform is helping to drive the connected world and power new products and services. We’re changing the way that organisations connect any number of their systems and services.Whether internal, external, public or highly encrypted systems, Tyk helps businesses drive value across the retail, finance, telecoms, healthcare, or media industries (to name just a few!) If you’ve banked online, used an app to check the news, or perhaps even driven a connected car, API’s, and by extension, Tyk, make that possible. Founded in 2015 with offices in London, Atlanta and Singapore, we have many thousands of users of our B2B platform across the globe. Brands using Tyk range from Singapore Post and Skills Future Singapore, to global organisations like the Financial Times, and Starbucks. We have a varied user base hailing from every continent – even Antarctica.
The internet started by connecting mainframes, by the end of the 20th century 600m desktop and laptop computers exchanged email and web-traffic. Today around 15 billion ‘things’ are connected to the internet, growing at a rate of a billion per year. Tyk are committed to enabling interconnectivity between systems and between devices. We’ve started by building an API Management platform.
Total flexibility, default remote, radical responsibility
We offer unlimited paid holidays and remote working from anywhere in the world
, for everyone – for real. Why? Tyk was founded on the principle of doing things differently and offering flexibility and autonomy to our employees are two principles that, we believe, allow our employees to achieve their best results. It also means we can build the best possible team, location and working hours are no barrier. If this sounds like an environment that you believe could work for you then read on to find out more:
What can you do with us?
We are currently looking for a Senior Fullstack Developer to join our team here at Tyk. You will be working on a highly customizable, multi page application, which is built on top of Golang framework/CMS. You will be responsible for implementing end to end functionalities on both the CMS side as well as on the public/website side. You will have responsibility over code quality, performance, architecture and design choices and will have the opportunity to help us shape the future of our core product going forward. You will be joining an awesome team where communication and collaboration are paramount in how we get things done.
Here’s what you’ll be getting up to:
- Implementation of end to end functionalities on both the CMS side as well as on the public/website side.
- Work closely with your technical lead to suggest innovations and new capabilities for your product area, building out POCs
- Be a lead advocate for engineering quality - leading adherence to definition of done, improving unit test accuracy, improving test automation, and ensuring the amount of stories coming back from QA are minimised
- Be a process improver - suggesting improvements on how we engineer - policies, process, tooling, standards - and working with your technical lead and our software engineering manager to embed this into our working practices
- Lead and foster a DevOps mindset, always looking for ways to improve our CI/CD pipeline in conjunction with software engineering manager and DevOps resources
- Be comfortable in helping demonstrating our product to internal and external audiences
- Comfortable in a Scrum environment, helping to lead standups on rotation
- Full responsibility over code quality, performance, architecture and design choices
- Participate in code and design reviews, teach and learn from other engineers
- Collaborate across the company to define, design, build, and improve our product
- Help on train and mentor junior developers
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Experience building applications in Go
- Developed web services with REST APIs
- Familiarity with DevOps concepts and technologies such as CI/CD, configuration management, virtual machines or containers, and cloud hosting services such as AWS, etc.
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation)
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Hands on development experience scaling complex systems
- Passionate about working on and contributing to Open Source
- Like to ask questions, listen and then deliver
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or similar experience
- Fluent at spoken and written English
Our early stage team members are shaping our business, there is an attractive package based on experience and performance that includes share options. Everyone has unlimited paid holiday. We have total flexibility in hours, so plan your day around your commitments to ensure you can give your best at work and at home.
You will work with a talented, and passionate team of industry experts, who are developing a cutting-edge product that is driving change and innovation within startups and household names alike.
We’re a distributed team. Work from our offices during induction if you want, once you are up to speed, you can work from home, a cafe, your mum's house, wherever you get your best work done, we’ll support you in making that happen.
The best software and hardware available - we are prime movers in “The New Stack”, our setup reflects that.
We are growing rapidly and are looking for team members keen to grab hold, accelerate that further and shape our future.
Tyk aims to be an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.