🥱 The TL:DR;
👉 This is for you if…
1. You’re looking for a remote, long-term position
2. You have experience (3/4 years) in React Native app development at production-level for both Android and iOS;
4. You have experience with object-oriented programming;
5. You don’t just use, you love Typescript and don’t “any” your way out of it 🙂
6. Have developed large-scale React Native and Typescript projects before;
7. You’ve got great technical communication skills: you can articulate your thoughts clearly;
8. Have a desire to develop new bold ideas, while constantly following best design and coding practices;
9. You have an understanding of logic, algorithms and the basics of engineering (regardless of your background);
10. You need to be curious;
11. Familiarity with native build tools, like XCode, Android Studio;
12. Good understanding of REST APIs, the document request model, and offline storage
Note: You’ll see we never specify stuff like “Be a team player” or “Be dedicated” and stuff like that. That is a base requirement for any position these days, but just know we also like these things people usually ask for: motivated, focused, hard-worker that likes to grow and learn more, that works well with others and has a positive attitude 😎
💪 This is even better if…
1. You’re able to work without micro-management and constant guidance, but rather can understand the high-level needs and the tasks needed and take it from there.
2. Experience in NodeJS
3. Experience in React
4. You have a natural interest for React Native and all things programming/tech — you don’t mind learning, you actually love learning.
5. You’re able to stop, think for yourself and act.
🤓 Being an engineer at ColorElephant
We’re not Google or Facebook. We know that. But we provide ambitious, eager-to-learn engineers with unique opportunities to work on international, large-scale needle-moving projects having insane levels of ownership. You can be more or less seasoned, and you can either be working directly with the client — having contact with successful entrepreneurs and ambitious individuals — or be part of an internal team delivering the project. Regardless, we can promise one thing: you won’t be freaking adjusting pixels. You’ll have ownership (and with that, responsibility) to develop entire functionalities and products. You’ll be able to grow and learn, you’ll be given trust and expected to run with it. You’ll face challenges and fck up, and we’ll clean it together and learn. You’ll have a close-knit team without politics, “power wars” and bullshit. Here’s what matters for us: delivery (ship sht!) with quality, self-improvement and support of others. If you do that, you’ll have tons of opportunities here — to grow, to learn, to take additional responsibility, to be exposed to unique international projects and people.
👩🏻💻 What you’ll do
You’ll be responsible to work either directly with clients or with internal teams delivering the frontend of real-world applications.
— Implementing ‘pixel perfect’ design as delivered by our designers that works across different devices (mobile, tablet), OSes (iOS, Android) as per specifications given;
— Leverage native APIs for deep integrations with both iOS and Android.
— Produce smooth interfaces, full with animations and transitions;
— Work with local storage, async data transmissions and more;
— Diagnose and fix bugs and performance bottlenecks for performance that feels native — always optimizing for performance and smoothness is a core characteristic of things we do;
— Develop complex functionality, leveraging latest technology, including visualisation libraries or chart libraries to manage financial/app data at scale.
— Create code that has great test coverage to avoid unnecessary issues in the future;
— Stay informed about industry best practices;
— Provide on-time delivery of projects;rea
— Follow Agile and SCRUM methodologies (where appropriate) to deliver projects;
— Communicate with others, including project managers, on struggles and progress of each of the projects;
🤑 What is in for you?
– An unique challenge that allows you to work on great digital products, having an impact on its development;
– Insane levels of ownership, independence and responsibility;
– Competitive salary proposal for position and location;
– Work from anywhere with our remote policy. We know sometimes the best work is done in the beach (or mountain, or… ) 🙂
– Bonuses for performance indicators we’d mutually agree;
– Be part of our profit-sharing program and take a slice of ColorElephant’s collective success;
– Flexible vacation/days off policy
– Training / Self-Development Yearly Package
– Yearly Bonuses Program
– Paid parental leave / Flexible conditions on return
– Continuous Training (both on site and online)
– Ability to work in complex projects of Fortune500 as well as small companies.
– Contribute with your suggestions and see your feedback and opinion impact products used by millions worldwide
– Be part of a growing team full of talent