Quartzy is seeking a Senior Full Stack Engineer (PHP) who will join us to build and maintain clean, modern applications. Our platform consists of two primary products including a SaaS based inventory management platform and an e-commerce shop for inventory ordering.
The ideal person would have a background working with B2B SaaS platforms or mission-critical financial systems with e-commerce. You’re a self-starter with a bias for action and can take projects from start to finish. You like to work with a small, tightly-knit team that moves quickly and pushes changes to production daily. Occasionally, you end the day with more lines of code removed than added; and that feels great. You’re motivated by our mission to accelerate the Life Science industry by the building tools to accelerate research & development.
You are a forward thinker who will motivate the team and enable them to produce their best work. You have a collaborative mindset, but you are also decisive and can ruthlessly prioritize what needs to get done to achieve business outcomes. You ceaselessly endeavor to understand the root problems customers face before entertaining solutions. You understand business objectives and work to balance speed and quality in product development. Most of all, you are a builder and a problem solver at heart, and you seek to develop thoughtful solutions that will delight our customers.
Quartzy is the world’s #1 lab management platform. Every day, hundreds of thousands of scientists from all over the world improve the efficiency of their research by using Quartzy. Our software combines lab resource management and eCommerce, producing unique value in this large market, returning time to researchers who can focus on their next discoveries. Our customers range from wine makers, to food/ag companies, to companies working on COVID testing and cancer therapeutics. We are humbled every day to serve them.
What You'll Do
- Primary focus is to develop code for the backend of the application, working with PHP and frameworks like Laravel & Symfony, but able to contribute to the front end as needed
- Perform continuous refactoring to improve the codebase over the short, mid and long-term
- Collaborate with and occasionally lead other Engineers, QA, and Product team members working on new product features
- Work closely with your team Lead to design and develop robust, high quality and scalable solutions and provide technical work direction to other team members.
- Own the technical implementation, architecture, and support for key areas of the Quartzy platform
- Participate in our scrum processes, communicate status and identify obstacles
- Create and participate in others code reviews to ensure code quality and shared knowledge.
- Write well-tested code that is resilient to heavy iteration.
- Participate in knowledge sharing opportunities and contribute to the overall growth of the collective knowledge of the team
What We're Looking For
- 5-8+ years experience developing software in a production environment at scale
- Demonstrable experience writing clean, thoughtfully crafted PHP that scales
- Experience working for e-commerce companies is a huge plus
- Ability to work across the platform on both back and frontend as needed
- Collaborative experience providing technical work breakdown and direction to other Engineers
- Broad experience with our technology stack(or similar technologies): MySQL, React, Laravel, Elasticsearch, Redis, Beanstalkd, RabbitMQ, nginx
- Familiarity with asynchronous worker queues
- Experience writing automated unit tests and working in a CI/CD environment
- An entrepreneurial attitude that enables you to get high-quality projects done quickly.
- Start Up experience is helpful
- A strong communicator. You write well and can easily explain complex technical concepts to non-technical people
What We Offer
- Great Insurance - we cover 100% of employee premium cost and 50% for partner/family
- Great Culture - participate in our fun events like ActiviTuesday, Wellness Wednesdays, happy hours & speaker series
- Remote Team - we’re 100% distributed so you can live anywhere in the US!
- Transparency - Weekly all company stand ups, monthly town halls, quarterly state of the start ups and anytime access to co-founders
- Generous Time Off - take the time you need, when you need it
- Great Gear - We’ll set you up for success with the latest tech and help you outfit your home office. And, a free Spotify premium account!
Want to learn more take a look at what people are saying about us on Glassdoor
If that sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you!