We need a passionate Sales Development Representative to join the ranks of our fast-growing company and help us deliver amazing value to our prospects.
Who is Silktide?
Silktide’s mission is to make the web better for everyone.
We make software to test and improve websites. Organizations around the world use Silktide to help deliver great web experiences that are accessible to all.
Our customers include FORTUNE 500 companies, universities, governments, and web design agencies.
We cover almost every aspect of the web, including accessibility, marketing, content, and privacy. A big part of our work is helping people understand these complex areas in a way that works for them.
Where is Silktide going?
Silktide is self-funded and is more than doubling in size each year. We plan to continue at this growth rate. To achieve that, we need more talented account executives to join our team in the US market.
We have ambitious plans to improve the quality of the web. We believe every website should be accessible, compliant, and of high quality. Our Silktide platform is the first step in our mission. It helps web teams and content contributors with a mixed range of abilities to easily manage hundreds of thousands of web pages.
If you want to help us in our mission to make the web more accessible then it’s never been a more exciting time to join Silktide!
What we’re like
We heavily promote an open culture. Every member of our team keeps a Slack journal, to log their thoughts, work, and ideas. Everyone can read these. Want to know exactly what your CEO is working on? Done.
Freedom is key to Silktide. We’ll give you the freedom to choose your work, your tech, your working hours, and of course, your location! We don’t clock in and out, in fact, we don’t check your hours. As long as your work is done, the rest is up to you.
We’re growing fast and need smart, ambitious, and trustworthy people to join our team.
What will you be doing?
As a Sales Development Representative at Silktide, you’ll be central to our growth and the first point of contact with our customers.
You’ll be responsible for identifying potential new customers through research, making initial communication via email or phone, qualifying and passing the lead on to your territory Account Executives and assisting with pipeline fulfilment.
You’ll be expected to develop ongoing product knowledge and market awareness and act as a trusted advisor to the people you talk to. You should be seen as an expert who can help organizations solve the challenges they’re facing.
You’ll be provided full training on all aspects of the business, the products, the services offered, and most importantly, you’ll learn a ton about SEO, Accessibility, Web Governance, and more.
Where you will be working
It’s up to you. We are a remote-first company. This was a deliberate choice before COVID-19 made it cool — We value work-life balance and hate sitting in traffic.
We’re currently looking for a United States resident for this remote-based role.
You should join us if:
- You are passionate, creative & determined
- You are personable and can build relationships quickly
- You have the skills to ask great questions and uncover a prospect’s issues and pain points
- You can convey potentially complex information in an accessible way and match these to the customer’s requirements
- You have 1+ years of SaaS sales experience as an SDR, BDR or equivalent
- You have a passion for technology
- You can take the initiative to identify and solve problems with urgency
- You should be approachable and offer to help where needed
- You possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You are ambitious, with the desire to learn and help our business grow
You should not join us if:
- You shy away from fast-paced environments
- You are worried about telling your boss he is wrong
- You need someone to tell you exactly what to do
- You don’t like lofty goals
What you will get in return?
- Flexibility to work wherever you like, whenever you like
- $60,000 - $70,000 OTE (75%base 25%Commission - Uncapped) DOE
- 3 weeks paid vacation + public holidays
- Health insurance (ICHRA)
- Home office budget
- Training budget
- Gym membership of your choice
- 2 weeks / year dedicated to skills development (“Silktime”)
- Annual company retreat (2022 is Barcelona)
- Choice of your own laptop, operating system, and peripherals including large monitor
- Development opportunities – we are growing quickly which opens plenty of doors for career development
- Random gifts that turn up on your doorstep courtesy of our Happiness Manager
Interested? Fill in the form below with your resume and a cover letter explaining why you would be a good fit for Silktide.
This position requires you to be a resident of the United States.