The Senior Front-end Engineer role works collaboratively with their scrum team to advance the exceptional user experience of Sleepnumber.com. This role will also help shape the future of the team by mentoring other engineers and working with other technical leaders to influence the technical direction of the platform.
This role is primarily focused on the frontend, but we encourage all engineers to explore as much of the platform as is of interest to them.
- Rails (Workarea, e-commerce Platform), MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Redis, Sidekiq
- React, ImmerJS, Emotion, Jest, React Testing Library
- Kafka, AWS (Cognito, SNS/SQS, Lambda, S3)
Our fully remote team is made up of two scrum teams, each consisting of UI/UX designers, QA engineers, software engineers, and a product manager.
The type of work generally breaks down into two categories:
- new features or enhancements (80%)
- maintenance and bug fixes (20%)
Some recent examples of feature work include:
- New online and in-store bed customization application
- Real-time, online home delivery scheduling
- Single Sign-on across all Sleep Number applications