Hi there!! We are looking for a Head of Operations, who will help us master the business operations for the most advanced content platform worldwide. We at GraphCMS have innovative, passionate, and committed people working together to build the most advanced content management system on the market. GraphCMS is trusted by an enthusiastic community of over 50,000 teams delivering millions of digital experiences worldwide and is a strong content infrastructure that powers the applications of global brands like Unilever, Discovery, and Shure.
We are focused on product adoption with an enterprise offering, and most of our efforts on the user-facing side are to empower developers to build their best with a modern stack. At GraphCMS you will be part of a vibrant community of GraphQL enthusiasts.
Purpose of your Team and Role
You will report to the CEO and CCO and will work together with different stakeholders and own our business operations.
What you will be working on
- Managing accounts receivables as well as accounts payables end to end, including collecting due invoices as well as preparing wire transfers in DATEV.
- Managing invoice management, expense management (PLEO) and related processes to make sure that all business transactions can be booked accurately.
- Helping to prepare the monthly and annual statutory accounts in close co-operation with the tax advisor.
- Being the central contact person for auditors, tax consultants and the management regarding all financial topics.
- Working together with the HR department to support the tax advisor in payroll accounting.
- Managing 1-2 part-time/ full-time employees and growing your team in the long term.
- Creating the monthly and annual management accounts.
- Supporting the management in investor reporting and help to continuously evolve the standards.
- Creating and monitoring company-specific KPIs and budget plans and creating cash flow and liquidity plans as well as other relevant financial analysis, closely with the management.
- Being the internal go-to-person for legal questions regarding employees, commercial contracts, privacy and other business related topics.
- Being the central point of contact for driving the certification process of GraphCMS to become ISO 27001 certified in 2022.
- Co-ordinating and working together with external legal advisors, privacy experts, auditors etc.
What we expect from you
- Overseeing the day-to-day office operations and also managing 1-2 part-time/ full-time employees in the long term.
Working at GraphCMS
- You have 3-5 years professional experience in the fields of finance, operations or similar with exposure to the areas listed above.
- You have ideally worked for a fast-growing start-up up (between 100-500 FTEs) or for one of the BIG4 before.
- You are fluent in German and have a very good command of written and spoken English (C1 min).
- You either have a degree in business administration or a related field.
- You have ideally managed a team of 2-5 individual contributors before.
- You are a highly structured, precise and numerically driven person.
- Also you show a great level of responsibility, independence and resourcefulness.
- You are comfortable being an individual contributor as well as working within a team. You work independently with a strong sense of accountability and ownership.
- We have a low-ego environment where all our team members are empathetic, always understanding, and ready to support each other.
- Our team members are super passionate about our product and self-motivation is the driving factor for our teams' success.
- We believe in a remote-first approach where everyone is encouraged to do their best from wherever they are, and work together with individual responsibility and accountability. A flexible work environment encourages people to work according to what works best for them and maintain a good work-life balance.
- We are an international and friendly team spread across 9 countries, coming together once a year for our annual off-site/retreat.
- We provide a competitive compensation package, the latest IT equipment, and a personal growth & education package.
Please expect the following steps for this role after you apply. The response time is usually within 1 week for each step. You could expect some alterations when necessary.
GraphCMS is an equal opportunity employer and committed to hiring people with diverse backgrounds. We believe that diversity, unique backgrounds, qualities, and different cultures enriches the productivity at our work space and also promotes innovation and creativity.
- Interview with People Manager and Hiring Manager
- Case study or assignment if applicable
- Team - fit call