At Altaeros, we are providing an elevated vantage point to connect people, machines, and data no matter where in the world they happen to be located. Our SuperTower™, is the world's most advanced autonomous aerostat platform that carries a wide range of payloads to deliver critical communication services to communities, businesses, and industries around the world. Never heard of an aerostat? We'll teach you! As an engineer at Altaeros, you have the opportunity to define, design and build a completely unique product. Creating a revolutionized product comes with many fun challenges and often requires thinking outside the box. As a team, we push ourselves outside our comfort zones. Sometimes that leads to success, and other times it leads to lessons which help us improve. When we are continuously learning, we are unstoppable. Does that sound like an environment you'd thrive in? If so, keep reading!
As a member of the Altaeros Software team you will build the Aerostat Autopilot which is at the heart of every SuperTower (https://www.altaeros.com/technology/
). We want to speak with you if you have experience with full stack development or front-end development using C# and enjoy learning and expanding your technical expertise. Technology changes fast and you will have input and influence for our future tech stack and toolset. You are joining an Agile team dedicated to delivering a quality product and ensuring customer satisfaction. Our work environment is fast-paced and dynamic; we work together to find solutions to solve some of the world’s biggest challenges, and we like to have fun while doing it.
At Altaeros, we believe you do your best work when you are trusted to operate with a high level of respect and integrity. Our Software team is remote, and members enjoy a highly flexible work schedule. Compensation includes salary, equity, and great benefits including unlimited paid time off, health, dental and life insurance, as well as 401k.
If you are interested in joining the Altaeros team, please send us your resume and cover letter (share how you found us and how you will help us to build the best solution for Altaeros customers). Use the subject [Altaeros Software Team – Your Name] and email your info to [email protected]
Within your first 6 months you will:
- Develop full stack solutions using Blazor for web UI integrated to our microservices-based backend solution developed in .NET Core
- Actively run and test your code on an Altaeros aerostat currently flying at our R&D facility in New Hampshire
- Design, code and unit test new features, enhancements and bug fixes for the Aerostat Autopilot mission controls and Operator dashboard using C# in an Agile-Scrum environment
- Deliver comprehensive automated tests to ensure high software quality
- Assist in requirements definition with a cross-functional team of control and aerodynamic engineers, Product Owners and system engineers
- Work with an experienced multidisciplinary team in a collaborative work environment
- Build, evaluate and use the best technology and tools to improve our autonomous solution
- Be asked for your ideas and recommendations because Altaeros culture promotes learning, an environment in which ideas flow freely and the best ideas win, combining our experience and talent to bring multiplicative value, and striving to achieve near-term goals without sacrificing our future successes
- Proficiency in C# and .NET Core
- Have delivered solutions and/or applications using Object Oriented software development best practices, and familiarity/experience with microservice architecture and/or UI development and User Experience best practices
- Experience with Blazor or LabView is a plus
- Experience with OPC UA is a plus
- Experience building or contributing to an automated test suite and CI/CD practices.
- Experience with TDD and CI/CD is a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to pay careful attention to detail
- A “Startup Attitude”: quick learner, passionate, nimble, and adaptable- you get creative when the answer is not obvious
- A team member with strong drive, initiative, organizational and communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree (or working experience that has established your solid understanding of computer science principles) and 5+ years software development experience
- Remote locations: USA only
We are an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.