Who are we, and why are we hiring?
We're based on over 15 years of success, producing world-class video content and building, developing, and managing a number of high-traffic websites
. Our success is down to Kodify's distinct teamwork,
where each and every one of us plays a key role in getting us one step closer to our goals. Our award-winning content
and websites are created exclusively by us and directly for the use of millions of users worldwide.
, we love tech and are always thinking about what’s next!
R&D and optimizations are part of our spirit. We work hard on consistently maintaining the highest level of professionalism. The video streaming industry has been growing a lot since last year and as a result, we need to expand our team to release the great ideas we’ve in mind.
What will you do?
You’ll help to evolve a platform that supports close to 100M unique visitors a month. Improving areas such as:
- End-to-end responsibility from technical design to development and testing. We have a dedicated QA team and we really care about testing.
- Work with Designers and Product Owners to ensure they understand possibilities/limitations.
- Always work towards minimizing page load time / API response times. With the best tools available to ensure you’ve full visibility: Metrics, Distributed Tracing, and ATM.
- Become a valued team member, providing feedback about tech, development lifecycle, and processes.
- Take ownership of your code/task/role.
- Be proud of what you achieve, and of the product, and be one of the driving forces behind always making it better.
- When you cock-up - own-up! (We don’t do blame-storming here!)
Where and when:
From wherever you want, the position is fully remote in the EU.
We’re very flexible about when you get your work done, but we do have some core hours where we like to overlap in order to promote collaboration and low-latency communication between team members (10:00 to 15:00 CET).
* Our daily virtual stand-ups are important for us but other than that, you’re free to manage your own time.
What we offer:
- Fully remote position or, if preferred, working in our awesome Barcelona office!
- Agile environment
- Top-notch tech stack!
- Upskill Fridays! Developers take time on Fridays to improve your skills, learn and research new trends that will allow us to level up our stack and processes
- Hackathons every 6 months!
- Flexible working hours + core hours!
- 10% on top of your salary for learning and development - of your choice!
- Latest tech equipment
- Company Amazon book account!
- Kodify off-sites, quarterly on-sites, events, and team activities!
- Amazing international team!
- ½ day off on your birthday
- Health insurance
- Generous vacation and personal days
- 1 month paid sabbatical after 3 years
- Extended parental leave
- Health & Wellness budget
- Cellphone reimbursement for eligible employees
We’re looking for someone with the following profile:
- A team player who likes to help others and find solutions together
- You’ll be joining one of our teams responsible for certain areas of the company. They will be supporting you in any form.
- Be very familiar with the Node.js ecosystem in terms of profiling and debugging tools.
- You’re very comfortable with Unix tools.
- Testing. This is critical for you and us, as we used to lack in that area in the past and suffered the consequences.
- Measuring. Data-driven decisions are the best ones.
- You have a real ‘Can Do’ work ethic - We are results-based, not clock-based!
- Your sense of humor will bring a new dynamic to the team - you love to have fun while you work!
We also value experience in some of the following:
React * Next.js * GraphQL * Microservices architecture * gRPC/ZeroMQ * Redis * Express * We value open source projects * Experience in High traffic websites and his needs * Docker / Kubernetes / AWS * Video streaming technologies / Web playback tools (VideoJS) * Understanding of Agile principles * Experience with Git and JIRA * Experience working remotely