Hi! We're Learning Tapestry. We're a 25+ person all-remote, global organization dedicated to making digital learning "just work" for educators and learners alike. We solve hard problems in complex education technology environments. We’re a triple bottom line company: we make a profit like any good business; our work makes the world better (“social impact”); and we create a healthy internal work environment for everyone who works here. For our staff we believe in flexible work locations and working arrangements. We empower all of our team members to manage their schedules and adjust as necessary. We're focused on results and impact, not locations and hours. We hire people with great technical ability, but we also expect everyone at Learning Tapestry to have strong character and solid communication skills.
We’re looking for a Software Engineer with rich experience in Node.js and React.js. You’re looking for a long-term contract position with an expected workload of 30-40 hours per week. You must have some availability that overlaps with our client in New York (UTC -5) and California (UTC -8).
Required Skills and Experience
- You have either: Computer Science or Engineering degree or other STEM degree, or Exceptional professional software engineer experience and expertise
- Senior in solution design and architecture
- Senior in Node.js development
- Experienced in React.js development
- DevOps/Linux experience with WS / Azure / Rackspace / Heroku / DigitalOcean
- Continuous Integration and Deployment experience (e.g., CodeShip, Cloud66)
- You have very good written communication skills, fluent written English, and comfortable, clear spoken English.
- At least five years of Software Engineering Experience.
- Write clean, self-explanatory code using S.O.L.I.D. and design patterns
- Experience consuming APIs
- Experience with SQL DBs. Specifically experience with Postgres a plus, as we use mainly Postgres.
- Experience working in collaborative environment using git (e.g. GitHub).
- Comfortable using ticket-based technical project management (e.g., GitHub tickets and boards)
- Must be able to overlap at least 4 hours with our client in New York (UTC -5) and as needed with California (UTC -8)
To Apply: Apply with your resume and in your cover letter please confirm that you are available per the hours described in the job description. Cover letters that do not include this information will not be considered.
Equal Opportunity: Learning Tapestry is an equal opportunity employer and encourages individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds, sexual orientations, and gender identities to apply. We are also particularly interested in individuals who have lived in or worked with underserved communities such as low-income, gender nonconforming, disabled, or indigenous peoples.